cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus,

I just want to understand what is the process flow in sourcing?

Like PR->PO-->?(w.r.t Sourcing)

Can we have sourcing active in classic scenario?

What are the configuration/customising steps required to be performed for sourcing?

What happens after what?( mean which documents after what?)

When does contracts come into picture..?

Are the contarcts in SRM the same that we see in R/3?

Plz give me a complete process flow.

Thanks & Regards

Arshad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshab,

If you use the Classic Scenario you may want to use the R/3 or ECC (backend) sourcing processes.

The only benefit of using SRM sourcing cockpit is if you plan on using the ERFx auctioning and bidding components.

You would use SRM to create Global Outline Agreements instead of local contracts, which generate Outline Agreements in the backend, and can be used as source of supply for requisitions.

You would also configure your shopping carts to generate requisitions in the backend.

Work Order, Planned Orders, Production Order and Shopping Carts would all generate Requisitions.

You then run a sourcing job ME56 to assign sources of supply (Outline Agreements) followed by ME59N to automatically convert assigned requisitions to Purchase Orders.

Your purchasing officers would pick up the rest with ME57.

Regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim

You would use SRM to create Global Outline Agreements instead of local contracts, which generate Outline Agreements in the backend, and can be used as source of supply for requisitions.

so attribute CT_PROC_TY = GCTR he needs to maintain and intrnal number range in SRM and External number ranage in ECC for GCTR documnet type in ECC.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu and Tim,

Thanks for the detailed replies,

What I want to undertand is I am not using PDP,

I just want to use classic scenario,what will be the process of Sourcing?

What are the configuration settings required?( Define sourcing for product category,just this config is sufficient?)

Like I want to create a SC and send it for soucrcing..then the process would be..?

Create a SC,after approval it will go for sourcing depending on the settings done in* Define sourcing for product category* with item and then what is the followon process?

What actually happenes b4 and after sourcing?

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arshad,

Yes, Define sourcing for product category is sufficient to send the item to SOCO. If you want all items to go for sourcing, configure for all product categories. In that case, after approval of shopping cart, all items will appear in SOCO.

Buyer will view the items in sourcing cockpit, here buyer can create a follow on PO, contract or RFx/Auction. e.g. buyer click on sourcing cockpit, he can serach for shopping cart based available criteria like shopping cart number, select line items, assign a source of supply, create draft purchase order & process selcted draft to create PO.

If you do not want sourcing to be carried out for some product categories, maintain them as "Sourcing never carried out".

Then the configuration "Define Objects in Backend System (Purch. Reqs, Reservations, Purch. Orders)" comes to play, combination of Pgrp & product category can be configured to decide the follow on document. "Purchase order if data is complete otherwise purchase requisition" is the common config.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ashutosh

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Ashutosh

Sourcing is one the business Scenarion in SRM .Sourcing is a very interesting and importnat piece in SRM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/d8/33ec56f17f4404806072749f7e764f/frameset.htm

You can source goods using auctions or RFx (request for information, request for proposal, and/or request for quotation). You can source goods with or without integration of Sourcing. As a professional purchaser, Sourcing helps you to process your requirements and to determine the best source of supply.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,Muthu,Ashutosh,

very clear now

once again Thanks & Thanks for your valuable replies

Arshad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad.

Q1 Like PR->PO-->?(w.r.t Sourcing)

A1 i t is a PDP Plan/manual-driven procurement

Q2 Can we have sourcing active in classic scenario?

A2 yes. sourcing available for classic scenario also

Q3 What are the configuration/customising steps required to be performed for sourcing?

A3 Define sourcing for product category

Q4 What happens after what?( mean which documents after what?)

A4 you can assign vendor and create a follow on document like PO or Contract or you can create Bid invitation

Q5 When does contracts come into picture..?

A5 if you want to create a contract from sourcing , you can do.for that BBPDETERMINE_LOGSYS badi must be implemented

Q6 Are the contarcts in SRM the same that we see in R/3?

A6 Contracts are available for in ECC .

BR

Muthu