cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 --> BC 4.7.: IDoc fields are missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

again I have a strange problem with connection ECC 6.0 and BC 4.7.

When I send an IDoc from SAP system to the Business Connector the IDoc arrives and is routed to the flow service. However some fields of the IDoc are missing and some are only filled with fewer characters then originally sent.

In SM 58 and WE02 there are no errors. Maybe it is a problem with Unicode? Technically there is no error in the error log of BC either. I really do not know where what else to check.

Do you have any idea? Thank you very much for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your assistance! Finally we were able to solve the problem.

An upgrade of the SAP package was necessary and now all fields are transmitted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have deleted the DDIC Cache (IDoc structure, and function IDOC_INBOUND_PROCESSING). When I send the IDoc again, I get the following error in SM58: Error when opening RFC connection.

When I press F6 the IDoc is sent and the structure is created in DDIC. However then the problem still exists, not all fields are delivered. What else could I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each SAP listener in BC has a metadata repository assigned. This can (but need not) be the same SAP system as where the idocs come from.

So, if the clearing of the DDIC cache does not help, then you can check if this metadata repository gives back the correct information for the idoc type.

Also, press "test Connection" and "Unicode test" in the SM59 in the SAP system. Is it a Unicode-System ? Set the correct flag then in SM59. Otherwise you will get strange metadata errors.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether the IDoc definition in BC developer is up to date. You may try to re-import the IDoc from SAP system.

Regards,

Kai