cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI message XSD/Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Is there a place or a way to get the EDI message XSD files or Schema's?

There was a way to download them from SAP as we did that a couple of years ago for the Business Connector also running here. Now we're going to migrate most flows to the new PI 7.1 but so far we've had no luck.

We considered using the OpenPI module, but it's not fully supported for 7.1 so that's not an option.

We have a good amount of inhouse written ABAP classes/mappings that automatically convert a flatfile into an XML file, but to do that we'd need the XSD of the EDI message as it is. I have the OpenPI definitions, but those are with the specific OpenPI headers and I'm pretty sure it's not the standard EDI message built as the flatfile is.

We considered making them ourselves, but it's over 60 EDI messages and with the extra couple of weeks testing to make sure we have the message right it's just not an option. So I need to find the XSD's on a site. I know they were available before for Business Connector, I'd like to use those, but nobody here remembers how they got it so many years ago ...

Can anyone help?

Kind regards,

Frederik-Jan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same question some time ago, but did not find any public available XSD's for the EDI formats. Strange.

But you probably have the WmEDI package installed on your BC. Check the record definitions there, maybe you can export it to XSD from there. The WmEDI package for BC is not available anymore for download.

Other question, when you migrate the EDI scenarios to PI 7.1, aren't you using any EDI adapter in PI like Seeburger ? You want to do all the conversions by hand ? Within the adapters, you will find the XSD's (or the vendor can provide them).

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Yes, we did eventually manage to get all the XSD's for the EDI message out of BC.

Well we already have an automatic conversion tool to create XML structures from flat files and those only need a target XSD and some initial descriptions. The whole idea was to build our own modules, so we didn't need the payed services of Seeburger or similar.

Kind regards,

Frederik-Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederik-Jan.,

I think If you built your own converter (EDI to xml and xml to EDI) You had to use any standard specification to apply the syntaxis logic and validation required(occurrences, types) also the flow structure. So the better alternative is you built your own xsd structures because each vendor has particular structures(for example seeburger) or maybe you can adjust your convertor to generate the same structure which is generated by the vendor from which you want to use the XSD, but in this case You need to have the license(at least for XSD files).

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the converter is already built, it was only an issue of retrieving the XSD files.

If other people come with different structures, like new B2B partners, they'll just have to give us an XSD and we'll use our normal method with the new XSD, no issues there. This post was only to ask if there was a way to easily retrieve the standard EDI XSD files, and that is no longer necessary.

Answers (0)