cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Support packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are struck in the middle of the support packs upgrading.when we started the TMS was not configured properly .Since for spam to run TMS is a prequisite then we configured correctly and now we still see the sp in the queue .Is there any possibility to delete from the OCS package directory.I have deleted the data and co files from the trans directrory and deleted the import queues from the STMS_IMPORT.Have i followed the right steps?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the SPAM value from PAT01 and PAT03,

Queue will be cleared.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the above method described by me is not recommended, but its a good workaround.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i go to se11 and check for the tables PAT01 and PAT03 and entries and when i select the entry and try to delete the entry the delete button has been disabled.How do i need to delete it then.I have to do it from backend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please try this one "SPAM_RESET_STATUS" in se37 then checking the SPAM as "x" it will reset the Q without any dumps.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Delete from the DB level.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i delete from the DB level.I having SQL server as my DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open SQL enterprise manager > connect to the DB> open the database -> go to Tables-> open PAT01---> you can see the values on the right hand side of the screen. right click the value and delete.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI pavan,

now when i check in spam queue status is green.Thanks a lot can you plz tell as to what we did.The support packs were in some stage so in the database have the changes been affected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI pavan,

When applying support packs what are the best practises to be followed could you please tell me and one mor thing can you please share with me your mail so that i can send you query with a screen shot if you dont mind .

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

share with me your mail

Sending or Requesting documention via mail is not allowed, Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

A complete Backup of the system is always recommended before applying support packs.

please refer the below link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7a2e4346-0a01-0010-718a-fa846ad1...

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI pavan,

Sorry for asking your mail .I wanted to at the oS level wheere will the logs be written other than work directory when we do the SP levels upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambarish,

can you close this thread and open another so that i will be helpful for others who search according to the issue they have.

Juan,

please correct me if i am right as per the rules.

Regards,

Pavan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • 1 question per thread.

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

If I would be in this situation then i will correct the TMS settings and then start import again.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to delete the package, just resume the support pack now that the TMS is been configured.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

BUt the truck icon has been disabled.How do i resume now?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BUt the truck icon has been disabled.How do i resume now?

Are you sure you have logged on in client 000?, Also whats the status of SPAM?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ambarish,

Once you are with TMS configuration, You can reset the OCS Queue using the function module " SPAM_RESET_STATUS" in se37. since sometimes the Queue may get strucked. Then try to define the Queue again and import the support package again.

It may help you resolve the issue.

Thanks

Raj

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure you are in client 000 ?

Thanks

Sunny