cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java problem in AIX 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am trying to install EP6.0 on AIX 5.3 system. I have installed the JDK as per SAP Note 709140. During the installation, SAPinst stops at the JDK screen asking for the installation directory. I have already set the JAVA_HOME, SAPINST_JRE_HOME and also the ulimits. SAPInst throws the following error in the log:

Execution of the command "/usr/java14_64/bin/java '-version'" finished with return code -1.

When I do /usr/java14_64/bin/java -version , it returns "Segmentation fault(core dump) error. Does anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you paste here the exact output of java -version command. Which is the user with which java was installed?

What's env output?

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. /usr/java14_64/bin/java -version

Segmentation fault(coredump)

1. env

_=/usr/bin/env

LANG=en_US

LOGIN=root

PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java14/jre/bin:/usr/java14/bin:/usr/lpp/X11/bin

LC__FASTMSG=true

WINDOWID=16777306

LOGNAME=root

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/root

LOCPATH=/usr/lib/nls/loc

TERMINAL_EMULATOR=dtterm

USER=root

AUTHSTATE=compat

DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh

ODMDIR=/etc/objrepos

HOME=/

TERM=dtterm

MAILMSG=[YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]

PWD=/

TZ=EST5EDT

A__z=! LOGNAME

NLSPATH=/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat

I even rebuilt the whole system and installed this 64-bit java, still same problem. At this time I don't know what else to try. Thanks Myriana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh I missed, Java was installed by the root user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRUTYUN, thanks. But the link doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasin,

If you execute java -version from the command line and get a segmentation fault, it would usually mean the jdk installation is corrupted. I would suggest to reinstall the JDK, then retry the portal install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Myriana, thanks for your reply. I have reinstalled the JDK, but no use. Any other ideas? thanks.