cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCUI Fundamentals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know the appropriate approach to customize PCUI applications?

Do we need to copy an existing view of the application and then customize it, or is it recommended to customize the standard SAP applications. We are looking at customizing the Account/Activity/Opportunity Applications.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do it the following way :

- define my own view

- copy existing entries (fieldgroup, toolbar, ...) on my view

- start customizing

So you keep the standard entries and have a "template" in case something went wrong.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you only create a "Z" View, but still use the existing FieldGroups/TabGroups etc.... or do you even copy those?

Thanks,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can copy those as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

I would suggest to reuse some of the standard Field groups/tab groups etc.

What really needs to copied on to a Z domain is the Application and views which will be changed definitely.

If there is a tab which you would not change in anyway, there is no point in copying it over. You are much better off just customizing the standard tab in your Z* created views etc..

Hope it helps.

Thanks, Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjan,

I create a Z-View first, go f.i. to the fieldgroup I want to customize, copy all entries of the fieldgroup on my Z-View, save it and then start customizing .

Regards

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Incase you are have to customize any of the standard application like Account/Opportunity provided by sap, my suggestion will be to do the following:

Identify the standard application, field groups, tab page groups, toolbar groups which needs to be modified.

Copy the standard application and application set from the blueprint tables in the Z namespace.

Copy the field groups, tab page groups, toolbar groups which needs to be modified in the Z namespace.

Make changes in the Z field groups, tab page groups, toolbar groups and assign it to the Z application.

Incase you have create a new event, then create a Z event and assign it to the Z tab page group.

I believe this will help. Incase of further clarification please write back.

Best Regards,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Thanks. Actually, I was trying to find out the recommended method. What are the pros/cons of modifying standard Applications/Views as compared to copying to a Z View and modifying that.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

The recommended practice will be copying to Z view and then modifying it. The reasons for this will be:

If you want to revert back the changes then you have the standard view of the application delivered from sap.

Incase of upgrade your Z views will not be overwritten.

The reason which can go against copying to Z view will be additional effort from EP to view the Z application.

Best Regards,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kunal. But I still don't understand why would changes we have made using CRMC_BLUEPRINT_C be overwritten by SAP when we upgrade? Is that true?

Thanks,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

1) TO customize an application, you need to know the application name.

2) Which fieldgroups/tabs/toolbars/multigroups etc u wanted to customize in which application screen positions.

3) after knowing what you wanted to customize, go to tcode CRMC_BLUEPRINT_C and select the Application Element-> (execute which ever you wanted to customize like fieldgrps, tabs etc).

Hopefully i was clear. If you have PCUI doc refer to it.

Regards,

Shailaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shailaja.

I know which applications we need to customize. My question was that is it better to create a copy of the Application View and customize that, or is it fine to customize the SAP standard view.

For Example:

The CRMM_ACCOUNT Application "NAV_MAN" View. Is it better to customize the NAV_MAN View, or create a "Z" View and customize that. I understand that in the end we need to customize the standard field groups/tabgroups etc, but in this way we are better off when we want to revert any of our changes.

Thanks,

Ranjan