cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0: distributing contracts to legacy backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am programmer fairly new to SRM. At the moment I am trying to figure out how to distribute purchasing contracts from SRM to legacy via XI. There is apparently no XML ouput option in 4.0.

By reading docu I have found one possible way I think, and I just wanted to run it by you to see if it is doable at all.

I was thinking I can use the build in functionality to create the contract in a R/3 backend system. Using the BADI BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE, which actually just creates an IDoc (or?) and the BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS I could just route it to XI instead of R/3.

Do you experts see any reason why this would not work?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Nam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, by the way, we are using a stand alone scenario with NO R/3 backend at all, only other legacy systems. We are upgrading to 5.0 shortly.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nam,

Did you already check following post ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yann,

thanks, I did. I just wanted to see if you thought it would work to turn on synchronization of contracts and use the "standard BADI" and still have a "stand alone" configuration or if there were any other implications.

I also wanted to check if anyone else is sending contracts to legacy backend via XI and see if they had any tips.

Cheers,

Nam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nam,

to replicate CTR from standlone SRM, you should use the BADI DOC SAVE to trigger the replication process.

In this BADI you can use contract transfer function (BBP_PD_CTR_TRANSFER), but you will get blocked by standard design:

- SRM local contracts are transfered to CCM via XI if the corresponding flag is set in contract header

- SRM global contracts are transfered to R/3 via IDOC (in fact an RFC call out of SRM, creating IDOCs directly in R/3: no outbound IDOCs in SRM) if they are global (normal...)

So you should develop your own transfer function, re-using parts of BBP_PD_CTR_TRANSFER (especially META_CTR_TRANSFER that could be a good starting point to pass data to XI via an RFC call).

Rgds

Christophe