cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTBW - Classification data with time dependency

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a DataSource for Equipment master classification attributes using transaction CTBW. The generated Extract Structure contains fields DATEFROM and DATETO but they are SAP hidden.

Is there a way to get time dependent values for a classification characteristic? We are on R/3 version 4.6C and BW30B . The extractor works fine for extracting the current value in effect for the characteristic, but the users need historical values also. Change pointer tracking is active for the characteristic in R/3.

Thanks

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, everybody.

I have the same problem. I need time dependant attrs for classification.

What is ECM, how to configure it?

Or should I change field settings for extractor? Fields DATEFROM and DATETO has A type, not visible in BW and OLTP. Where can change it?

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECM refers to Engineering Change Management config node under transaction SPRO. Node Cross-Applications and the Node Engineering Change Management. We ended up not using the config as it was too much overhead for just a BW extract,

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once the ECM setting are configured, the DATEFROM and DATETO fields are enabled by the system.

Thanks

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have classification data that I want to run a delta on. When the fields are changed, I want the delta to pick those materials up. I have added the classifications fields to 0MATERIAL_ATTR via tcode CTBW and can get the information to BW but when I change a record (classification only), no delta is preformed. When I change a material master field the regular delta executes as it is suppose to.

Any help?

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try to unhide (maybe update entry in the table ROOSFIELD-SELECTION ), maybe using ABAP?

Another option could be to enhance the extractor and then use the user-exit to populate the FROM and TO values.

For master data, normally you do not have historical information stored on R/3 (it is only a change pointer, not the complete change history) so how are you going to get this info?