cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter on SAP ABAP Initial Loads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to put a filter on the pass "ReadABAPuser" of an ABAP Initial Load. My SAP ABAP System has over 10000 users and I need only part of them.

I tried so to add "FILTER" entry (as on ReadABAProle for example) on Source tab of the pass "ReadABAPuser" with value "A*".

But seems the pass does not make attention of this FILTER and still request the full user list.

Do you have met this issue ?

Thanks for your help,

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

well, I've never worked with the pass attribute FILTER for the pass type "FromSAP". Therefore, I'm not sure about the following - but maybe it's a starting point for further investigation...

I believe that it works differently for different data types:

Roles: simple filter value which filters for the role name (you can use *)

Roles, if you connect to a CUA central system: not supported

Users: it seems to work with a multivalue name=value syntax.

Conclusion: I guess it is easier to filter users in the source tab of the ToPass "WriteABAPUsers".

Kind regards

Frank Buchholz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks for your answer

>

> Conclusion: I guess it is easier to filter users in the source tab of the ToPass "WriteABAPUsers".

> Frank Buchholz

That's right ... so much easier. Actually that is the way is use today. But I was looking for something more performant.

I will try by the way "name=value" as filter and let you know about the results.

Thanks,

Benjamin

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Benjamin,

Were you able to get this working in the ReadABAPUsers pass. I would like to try something similar.

Thanks for your time.

Shabna