cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC(MDM to BW)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I am new to XI and I am trying to pick up a xml file that my MDM 5.5 server puts onto the file system ,then i need to send that file to BW using RFC( i am not using proxy). So i think this becomes a File to RFC scenario.

Can some one guide me?

As far as i know i need to have an inbound file communication channel which actually picks up the file,And then i need to have a sender agreement and give the communication channel i defined.We have loaded the MDM content and BW content into XI,but still i don't find the interface that MDM is sending.(I cannot imports RFC or IDOCS because MDM is not a R/3 system). Because of this i am unalbe to specify the interface in my sender agreement.

Please guide me

Thank you

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>As far as i know i need to have an inbound file communication channel which actually picks up the file

not realy, you need an outbound file communication channel

>>>>And then i need to have a sender agreement and give the communication channel i defined

you can create all objects in the directory from the directory wizzadr

(all you have to do is to create a busines service for MDM and business system (in the SLD) for BW

then you create objects in repository

if your MDM content is not enough

or just use the MDM content and map the

MDM message to BW message

you realy have to do a few things

but if you have an XI consultant he/she should

easily take care of it

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal-

I have defined MDM as third party system in my SLD,MDM is sending me a XML file that BW can understand.So all i need to do is pickup that file from the file system and do an RFC to BW.

Here are issues i have

1.MDM content does not have the interface it is sending to BW,but BW content has it.(I don't know if that is the way things are)

2.As i have the interface that MDM is sending(the xml file) in the BW content ,can i use the interface that is in the BW content as my sender interface??

If so in Integration Repository i will have..

1.Two interfaces, one interface is from the BW content and the other is the RFC(this is the destination).

2.Have a Message mapping

3 Have a Interface mapping.

In Integration Directory i will have..

1.Two Business systems,one is third party(MDM) and other is BW.

2.i will have a RFC communication channel to BW,A file communication channel to pick up the File from MDM.

3.A sender agreement which actually calls the file communication channel.

4.Receiver Agreement,Interface determination

Is this all i have to do or am i missing something else?

Thank you

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>><i>So all i need to do is pickup that file from the file system and do an RFC to BW.</i>

Yes. This is all you have to do. MDM should'nt bother you for the moment.

It is a file to BW scenario. MDM is out of the picture.

All you need to do is to carry on the steps that you do for a normal file to idoc scenario.

>>><i>2.As i have the interface that MDM is sending(the xml file) in the BW content ,can i use the interface that is in the BW content as my sender interface??</i>

Your sender is a file system, so you need to create a message type similar to the xml you are talking about.

And correspondinly create a MI.

>>><i>1.Two interfaces, one interface is from the BW content and the other is the RFC(this is the destination).</i>

Yes.

>>><i>2.Have a Message mapping</i>

>>><i>3.Have a Interface mapping.</i>

Yes.

<i>1.Two Business systems,one is third party(MDM) and other is BW.</i>

No. 2 Bsystems. One for the File, and the other BW

One sender file communication channel.

One receiver RFC channel.

One receiver determination.

One interface determination.

One receiver agreement.

One sender agreement.