Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default settings for items in SRM 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having SRM 3.0 /EBP 4.0.

While the user (any user) try to change the product category (defaulted from org structure) to a different product category in "Default settings for items" screen the newly selected product category is not flowing in or in other words the original product category remains unchanged.

I beleive this should have been a standard functionality and is a bug. Correct me if I am wrong. Can you please shed some light on how to achieve this requirement.

regards,

MRao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Have a look at teh following OSS Notes:

Note 650960 - Shopp.cart deflt settings:Item: accnt assgnmnt/prod.category

Note 673625 - Default settings for items: Change of the product category

Thanks,

Pradeep

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem - except that I would like to set up a default delivery address for the purchase orders I raise. So that next time I go back into the system - the default delivery address remains the same?

Thanks,

Sarah

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manesh,

please note, that the changes made in the default setting for items are valid only for the newly created items, but note for the existing ones.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the default setting of the user (Purchaser ) in the Portal main screen (default ) setting.

Even if you change in extended attributes, the default setting should be changed for the user

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Went through the notes but dint get much clue.

In the field "Category" in "Default settings for items" screen, There is a drop down list (favorites?) having few Product categories (which I suppose is updated in memory in table BBP_CATEGORY_FAV due to carts created by me in the past)

I am able to switch to any of the product categories among these (available in the drop down list)

But I am not able to select any product category from list obtained via the search help (binacular)

Can anyone tell me how the drop down list formed? And ahy I am not able to select from the serch list & how do I achieve this?

All the product categories are maintained in the Extended Attributes tab in org unit.

regards,

MRao

ravindra_mantri2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl check user attributes using BBP_ATTR_CHECK t-code and see whether anything wrong.

Refer to below notes which talks about similar problems.

1. Note 433325 - EBP-SHP: No update after the change of the product category

2. Note 435870 - Shopping cart default settings item: Product category

3. Note 494620 - Search help for product categories in the default values

-rgds,

Ravi