Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to collect the user logging info?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to collect all the users' logging information,such as all users' logon frequency,when logon and when logoff etc. Anyone knows how to get it?

Thanks In Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all your kindly and helpful answers. Actually, the boss wanna get the information how often the users use this system and the worth of the system since it is a new system.

I know it may cause performance issue if we set all users audit trail and it is also my concern. Any other things I can do to get the system usage factor by users except open the user logging audit?

Best Regards

Ivy

18 REPLIES 18

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might want to consider doing a search for this before asking the question.

As you can imagine "user AND logging" is a good starting term.

Feel free to ask more specific questions later...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

also, you can search for SM20.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use transaction ST07 as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ruchika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use the transaction SM20, provided the user logging is enabled for that user in SM19. But I doubt one would try to enable logging for all users in SM19 as the log file generated would be huge that will affect system performance.

Usually this is done for Emergency users for Audit issues.

Dipesh

0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh

If the security audit log causes performance issues then the system is sized poorly and a month end/period end would see it come to a standstill.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

I agree with Alex. You are spreading "urban legends"...

Additionally, Zaheer already mentioned SM20 as a good search term, so what made you (and some others I have already deleted) post it again, and again...?

The original question OP should also put more effort into a "search first ask questions later" approach. Do you agree?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all your kindly and helpful answers. Actually, the boss wanna get the information how often the users use this system and the worth of the system since it is a new system.

I know it may cause performance issue if we set all users audit trail and it is also my concern. Any other things I can do to get the system usage factor by users except open the user logging audit?

Best Regards

Ivy

0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as i remember the solutionmanager can bring you the required information in a nice format within its early watch report. So get your system connected and monitor it by aour Solman.

b.rgds, bernhard

0 Kudos

Ahh, yes. Lets think outside of the box a bit...

Another possibility, with dependency on the license type you have, is to take a closer look at the reporting possibilities mentioned in [SAP Note 157758|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/157758].

But you should read the note first and see some of the discussions about it here in SDN first.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get required information from following tcodes.

SM20,

STAT,

ST03n

Kindly check let me know in case of any issue.

Regards,

Digambar

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your advice.

I have checked the note 157758 but it just can get peak days and peak values. What I need is such as how many times users log into sap every day.

Any else method I can get the info?

Thanks

Best Regards

Ivy

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get required information from following tcodes.

SM20,

STAT,

ST03n

Kindly check let me know in case of any issue.

Regards,

Digambar

Hi Digamber,

I really appreciate your helpful answers.

I have checked the tcode st03n, and find that would be a helpful one. There's user activity summarize in st03n, such as high, medium,low,total numbers. My question is: For a same user login for serveral times one day, will it calculate as once or the times it login in report st03n?

Regards

Ivy

0 Kudos

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Dear All,

> Thanks for all your kindly and helpful answers. Actually, the boss wanna get the information how often the users use this system and the worth of the system since it is a new system.

Well, you could schedule a daily batchjob for RSUSR200 and evaluate the "last logon date" of the users.

Active users will update the timestamp (nearly) daily - while for the others the "last logon date" will remain fairly unchanged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

another intersting info you can get is, transaction that where used by the user in a specific period time.

to get this information, please use transaction ST03.

Enter this transaction in EXPERT MODE, then choose the WORKLOAD-TOTAL.

choose a month, week or pecific day,and on the open menu below, choose your report(transaction profile or user profile)

for example-double click on a user will show all the transaction that where used by the chosen user on the specific period.

Regards,

Brauner Haim