RFCLOOKUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am working of RFC Lookup, In that i need to validatation from 3 fields

1) Materil number

2) Storage Location

3) Vendor

against 3 tables so can any one snd me the sample jave code how to validate 3 fields from 3 different tables.

thankx & regards

ANIL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Create an ZRFC which takes all the input values and let the RFC validate the values from the 3 tables and return the output back to XI. Once returned store the data in global container and assign it to three fields. If you dont do this steps, then probably you will end up calling 3 times RFC lookup for each record. Based upon performance you can go this route.

The other option is if you are using PI7.1 you dont need to use Global Containers, you can directly assign the values to the three target fields.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following link for RFC look up in mapping

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/User-definedMappingFunctionforRFC+Lookup.

you have to call RFC look up for all the three fields.

Regards,

Bhanu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lookup can help you pick only one value in a single call. You have to either make 3 RFC lookup calls or use BPM.

Alternative way - If one RFC calls the three tables internally, then you may pass the concatenated fields to RFC, which in turn could call various tables and pick data. This data is again merged as a single field (may be using some separator) and then returned as a single value to PI and used further.

Regards,

Prateek