Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am using change_pointers_read FM to get the change pointer details but this is giving a short dump with the error DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

The error text is

Database error text........: "ORA-01410: invalid ROWID#"

Internal call code.........: "[RSQL/FTCH/BDCPV ]"

does anyone has any idea how to correct this?

i am running a report program as a batch job.

shylesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This looks like a bug in the standard code. Search for OSS notes with that error, I remember seeing something on this error.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This looks like a bug in the standard code. Search for OSS notes with that error, I remember seeing something on this error.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

When you INSERT, UPDATE or MODIFYa row in a database table, the DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR runtime error occurs if there is any duplicate errors or if the value in the ABAP type P field is too large or if the table space is too small.

Hope this gives some pointers.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/VJ,

Thanks for the reply. But i am not doing any INSERT, UPDATE or MODIFY in that table, i am just fetching the change documents.

the problem is i do not have access to OSS too.

VJ, can you tell me what do you mean by 'ABAP type P field is too large'?

shylesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

I searched on the error code and there are quite of notes for that. I suggest that you talk to your BASIS team.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark all the helpful answers

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should change your way of coding, i think it is giving from your select statement, the select might be complex one, try to change your coding.show your coding..

check these notes also <b>426652 and 480605</b>

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This particular select statement is from standard FM CHANGE_POINTERS_READ.

In my custom program there is no select statement. I am passing the dates & message type through variants.

Thanks for OSS notes numbers. i will have a loop at it.

I will reward all helpful answered once i am done this.

shylesh

0 Kudos

Look at OSS note 733441.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi

Checkout OSS Note # 515886 and # 699346

<u><b>FYI</b></u>

REP: Optimization in reading the change pointers for DB2

Symptom

Performance problems may occur with the DB2 OS390 database, especially with large datasets in function module CHANGE_POINTERS_READ.

Other terms

ALE, change pointer, BDCPV, %_HINTS, database optimizer, DB2 ,OS390

CHANGE_POINTERS_READ

Reason and Prerequisites

The DB2/OS390 database has its own database optimizer, which you can activate using the command %_HINTS. In this way, database accesses are optimized and made more efficient.

Solution

The command %_HINTS activates the database optimizer in the DB2/390 database and establishes efficient access to the requested table. Refer also to note 162034 and dependent notes.

You can implement the correction separately (it is not included in the standard system).

<u><b>and OSS note # 699346</b></u>

<b>SQL error when you extract configuration data </b>

Symptom

The program termination DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_RSQ occurs during the extraction of configuration data for the delta upload. RSQL error 13 is issued when you access the VBAP or MARC table.

Other terms

main program, CTBW_GET_KONFIG_DATA SAPLCTBW SBIE0001

Reason and Prerequisites

This is a program error.

Solution

Implement the advance corrections.

Thanks

Saquib Khan

0 Kudos

Please ..award the points . if its helpful

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

I do that definitely. I am looking into OSS notes actually.

shylesh