cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some basic 2004s questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy,

We're currently running BW 3.1, and in the process of upgrading to 3.5. Our functional teams have seen demos of 2004s and are hinting that we should upgrade to it as soon as possible. However, they have been told of some issues with the upgrade that I wanted to see if I could get verification on.

1) We're currently running MySAP 4.71, and will not be upgrading until ERP 2007 comes out (we're running ISU-CCS and can't do the 2005 version). Is it still possible to upgrade BW to 2004s? If so, what would some of the concerns be?

2) The functionals have been told that if we upgrade to 2004s we will have to recreate all of the BEx reports that we currently have. This doesn't make much sense to me. Would we need to recreate the reports to take advantage of new 2004s functionality?

Thank you very much

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

I am not sure exactly the about the issues during upgrade. Please see these links and some of your questions will be answered.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/2e7ca56a-0901-0010-93bf-914c0848438f

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

You can migrate and still use your existing reports - so you do not break or have to re-write everything.

But any new targets and transformations you may create could use the new NW2004s features.

In a nutshell, a mix of both works pretty well

Good luck!

Ioan