cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No crawler tasks? EP6 SPS16 Patch 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm trying to accomplish a feat that was very easy to do in previous service packs, but things seem to have changed since SPS16 and now I'm looking for guidance.

We have plenty of experience with indexing and searching repositories in KM. All has worked well before. Now, since our upgrade to SPS16, I'm creating an index once again. The index is created with no problems and I add the data source(s), etc. In the Indexing Monitor, the index is green and the status says 'Pending.' However, no documents are indexed. I thought that was odd, so I went to the Crawler Monitor for the particular index, and there are no crawler tasks displayed. And the index simply sits at 'Pending' and goes no further.

I noticed that Sergey (in <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=65384">this thread</a>) and Srinivasa (in <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=54490">this thread</a>) have had very similar problems to mine (problems unfortunately that were never resolved in the threads), but they were both on SP11, not SP16.

Flushing the queue does not solve my problem. I'm unable to reindex. I see no errors in the application log (and made sure the standard crawler was set to log errors). The index does appear in the Index Monitor, but as I mentioned before, there are no Crawler Tasks, and I verified that the Crawler Service is indeed active.

Is this another bug in SPS16? We are already on patch 2. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on where I may be going wrong.

Thank you so much for any help,

Fallon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there should not be such a fundamental error in this portal version. Could you check two things? Have you entered a system ID for the Indexmanagement Taskqueue Reader Task? If yes could you check the Component Monitor if something is not running there?

Regards,

Achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was exactly the problem! Thank you so very much for your help, Achim.

For future reference for everyone, to check the Index Management Task Queue Reader, go to System Administration > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Content Management > Global Services > Scheduler Tasks. Click on the Index Management Task Queue Reader, and assign the correct CM System(s). This solves the problem!

Thanks again, Achim!

- Fallon

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm just wondering why the <i>CM Systems</i> parameter isn't mandatory, being so fundamental for the succesful execution of a crawling task?

And why on previous SPS levels the crawler could be started without this configuration step?

We faced this very same problem as well..

Thanks, Davide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Davide

For the Standard Single Node Installation,the CM system is assigned by itself to the IndexManagement Task QueueReader.But in the Clustered Installation the correct CM system should be to be assigned to the Index Management Task Queue Reader.

This is the standard functionality since the EP6.0 SP2.

Thanks, Neha

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

well, as I pointed out in this thread:

the Index Management Task Queue Reader is not the only task showing this issue.

In my landscape, after upgrading to SPS 16, the component monitor shows that <b>all</b> the scheduler tasks fail the startup. The error message is: <i>Configuration Error: No CM system assigned to this task.</i>

The SAP Note nr. 870362 (No CM system assigned to this task), says that this problem has been solved since <b>EP6 SP2 Patch 34 Hotfix 1</b> or NW04 SPS13 Patch 2. However, in our experience, the problem happens again with SPS 16. When using SPS 9, we didn't face this issue.

Cheers, Davide

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get this resolved ?

I am on SPS15 and same issue.

No Crawler task