Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to include two different tables in view concept..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to make the innerjoin between these two tables.. i.e, BUT000-PARTNER = PA0002-PERNR.. here PARTNER is CHAR(10) and PERNR is NUMC(8)..in this i had two probs..one is how to convert this PERNR into CHAR(10) and second is how to match those fields..in VIEWS concept..

regards

ravi..

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Usually Views are created where there are two columns of the same type exist in the JOIN CONDITION. In this case your results when you create a VIEW in SE11, you cannot specify the offset so that it considers only the last 8 chars.

So, in this case , you are better off taking care of this in the code, where you can mentiond to consider the first / last 8 chars of the string.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark all the helpful answers

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I’m seeing you might end up writing a code!! And create table and update it using your field’s checks. In code you can manipulate the data types. I’d recommend you that you go for that.

This is just an idea!!

Thanks

Saquib

0 Kudos

Please ..award the points . if its helpful

Thanks

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not try to create such a view. I have done this but these tables are empty in my site so it does not prove anything. There were warnings about the fields being different but it may not matter. Give it a go.