cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send erroneous records to error log

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an incoming .txt source file.PI will do a record by record validation in this file.If any record is wrong PI will send this particular erroneous record to error log and then it will check the next records and if the next record is found OK , it will be mapped to target.

To summarize it, erroneous records should be sent to Error log and correct records should be mapped to target.How this can be achieved using UDF.IF possible can anyone please help how the UDF will look like

Note:I have some certain conditions on checking whether a record is wrong or not and I will use this conditions on UDF to validate a record in the file.I just need to know how an erroneous records will be sent to error log

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell exactly where your error log is present?

Warm Regards,

Anshul

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

I am giving exactly the steps written in design steps

PI would do source record validation,record-by-record.If any record is found with incorrect field length or incorrect data format or mandatory data validation, raise an exception.

Process only successful records.The erroneous records should be rejected from original file and should be written to an error log in CRM server.And error log has standard format.

The processing should not stop because of invalid data in some records

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

PI would do source record validation,record-by-record.If any record is found with incorrect field length or incorrect data format or mandatory data validation, raise an exception.

Process only successful records.The erroneous records should be rejected from original file and should be written to an error log in CRM server.And error log has standard format.

Thanks

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of thinking about UDF, you may directly add the conditions in mapping. If there is a separate error file structure required, then you may use multimapping with both error and normal file structures.

Regards,

Prateek

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

My scenario is as follows

1)There is a attribute called 'Channel'.

2)If Channel =Z002 then records will to a system.

3)If Channel=Z003 then records will go another system.

Point 2 and point 3 are being achieved using "Conditional routing' in Receiver determination and correspondingly creating two communicatio channel,two interface determination and two receiver agreement.

But the issue here is sending erroneous records to error log.Both Z002 and Z003 might have erroneous records.We need to filter out the these erroneous records and send it to error log which eventually store into a database.

The erroneous records will not be a file at all rather all these records will be stored into a log.

Any insight on this!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

One more way is develop one more Interface (apart from the regular 2 interface) which will get satisfy for erroneous record condition and allow these records to the log.

regards,

Chandra Shekhar.

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

There will another interface..Thats fine .But how the erroneous records will be sent log..Will it be through a Function module call or proxy call which will send error records to log.

Any insight !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

Can you tell us where exactly is ur error log file exist, If ur error log present in R/3 system than you can use either RFC/ Proxy.

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks