cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know how to cancel a rebate agreement.

Scenario:

I went and checked in VB02 > Rebate Payments > Rebate documents: there are partial settlements and manual accruals.

Partial settlements- they have cancelled the invoice and rejected the line item in the SO. But still they say that they canu2019t reverse the accrual as the value is tied to the blocked sales order. Therefore they say that they cannot close this agreement.

I tried to recreate this scenario in a test system.

For an existing rebate I entered a partial settlement and a manual accrual.

For partial settlement u2013 I removed the billing block and created the invoice. Then cancelled the invoice using VF11 then went to the settlement and rejected the line item using VA02.

For the manual accrual - u2013I created the invoice. Then cancelled the invoice using VF11 then went to the settlement and rejected the line item using VA02.

Then I tried to delete the rebate using: VBo2 > Agreement > Delete : and I got the msg : u201C Error creating rebate credit memos (see next warning message) Final settlement is not possible. (There are still open documents.)

IPartial stmnt and manual accs display obtained in VB02 > Rebate Payments > Rebate documents show as credit memo requests as open. (though I rejected line items) Is this the reason why I canu2019t cancel the agreement and it says that there are open docs?

Or am I carrying out this procedure incorrectly? Do I need to carry out any additional steps to reverse accrual?

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the rebate is not applicable any longer, change all the rates in the condition record to 0, and re-run VBoF.

The system will then reverse any outstanding accruals, and the net financial effect will be zero.

After this, carry out a final settlement (which shouldn't generate any postings) and which should close down the rebate.

The rebate will be de-activated.

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kase,

You are doing the process in right way. But as per standard you can not delete the agreement when there are open credit memo requests are existis.

I hope in your scenario business just want to reverse / cancell the accruals with out crediting to the customer.

As there are credit memo requests are existing for manual accruals and for partial payment you can carry out following steps to delete the agreement.

1. Post the Manual accrual credit memo request using the transaction VF01.

2. For the partial credit memo request in the condition tab just change the price to Zero then post this credit memo request using transaction VF01.

Once both the credit memo request are posted as credit memo you can carry out the deletion process.

Babs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babs,

Thanks for your feedback.

I actually cancelled the manual accrual and partial settlement using VF11.

Still when i go to rebate and check the applicable docs, it shows the manual accrual and partial settlement as open.

are you suggesting that i change the condition rate to 0 in the rebate agreement?

please reply asap.

thanks!