cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can any one tell me how to do testing in SAP any module and what to be tested.

For SAP testing what should we know about sap modules prior then testing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vivek,

If you are tetsing standard functions or business process then you need to to know following things

1. Exact Business requirment

2. Business process

3. Which all tables its updating

4. If it is having security level defined then whether that working properly or not?

5. and you should have test scenarios and results of LEGACY system

If you are testing NEW DEVELOPMENT / costomize solution

1. you should understand the requirment and purpose.

2. Control data for the same

3. legacy system process

4. tables getting updated

5. test scenarios

6. Security level

And in both cases check your all tables are updating or not. Also if you can get knoledge of debugging i.e. how to debug code

AND most important performance of your solution

thease are normal testing work but depend son requirment it keeps changing

Freinds please update if anything is missing

Check link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/12/6efc3f8fc2c542e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Vishal

Edited by: WISH on Jun 30, 2009 6:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

This is very helpful for me.

Can u tell me by taking an example of module like MM.

If some one told me to do testing on MM module then what should i know for that.

Can u tell me from where i got more knowledge about sap modules testing.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP testing is very different from Normal applications testing. For SAP Testing its very important to know the Business Scenarios, Functionalities, Master data, Customizing etc.

For example when you take SD Module then a basic Understanding about Sales order Creation, Material master, Customer Master, Credit Management, ATP, Billing etc is required to be known so that you can create test cases based on the Clients Requirements.

If you are not aware about the Functionalities then you should first read about the different processes by reading Reference Material or trying hands out on IDES Client for getting an overview of the Business Processes.

Also sometimes a knowledge of E-Catts which is SAP's Own tool can be useful for creating automated tests for mostly used transactions.

Do let me know if you need more help and info,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhukar,

Can u please help me regarding one more thing.

My company(testing based) told me to start study SAP so that when in future my company got project of sap testing then it will be beneficial for them. I don't have any guidance from company side. I have to study by myself after searching from net. Can u tell me how should i start study SAP for that purpose.

I have little bit knowledge of ABAP only.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have some domain experience in fields like Purchasing, Marketing etc., it will be definitely an added advantage in the learning process. Otherwise, you will find it difficult to understand the concept as to why SAP is asking to configure in such a way that it should be.

You being a beginer, first you have to take out list of all standard TCodes of the respective module (MM or SD) and start practicing as to how to create PO / Sale Order and complete the process. Make a note of the errors whatever you faced. Search the forum with similar text so that you will find a solution. Dont directly jump into IMG settings without practicing the functional TCodes.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which SAP Module you want to study?

As SAP has many modules hence it will not be possible for you to study each module.

However to start with you can read and have an overview of SD, MM, FI modules as these are the most common ones.

But simply reading the material from the Net will not be of much help as unless you see it in system and try it out you will not learn the practical things.

But Of Course you can have an idea about basic process and terms used in the process and Business Flow.

Search the net, you will find many documents on Basic Prcoesses of SD, MM etc

Madhukar