cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer G/L determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

After saving the billing document how does the system determines the reconciliation G/L account entered in customer master.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you generate billing and saved, it will fetch the G/L what you assigned in VKOA and I am sure, this will be different from the one what you maintain in customer master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

In VKOA we assign the revenue G/L account my question is how the system determines the customer G/L which we mention in customer master Account Management tab under Company Code tab.

The ideal accounting entry is

Customer account Debit

Sales revenue account Credit

Here the system debits the Reconciliation account mention in customer master which may or may not unique for all customer.

How does the system determines this reconciliation account.

For our convenience we can change the layout of the accounting document and select G/L Account from Column Set to Displayed column, save it with /sap123. After saving we will be able to see the reconciliation G/L of the customer.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel you are confused with recon account with sales G/L account. Through Recon account you can differentiate the total receivables as customer receivable and vendor receivable for a company code for which the control is in FS00 where against the field "Recon. account for acct type" you would be maintaining "D" for customer recon account and "K" for vendor recon account.

If you compare the same field for sales G/L Account in FS00, it would be blank.

For more information, please go through this link and also take the help of FI people who are working with you

[Defining Reconciliation Accounts |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/01/a9b1df455711d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Whatever u have said about the reconcilation account I am very much clear, but my question still remain unanswered that after saving the billing, in generated accounting document how does the system determine the reconciliation G/L account mentioned in customer master and debits it respectively.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin

If you check the accounting entry of an invoice you will found that the total amount Credited to the G/L of Sale and Tax (if maintained separately) is same as amount debited to the Customer Ledge, and if you check the General Ledger view of this accounting entry, you will found that the description of Customer change to Sundry Debtor and account column will show you the Recon account assigned to that Customer.

I mean to say that the amount credited to different G/L at the time of Sale will be debited to Customer Reconciliation account, the accounting entry refer the Invoice and the Customer maintained into that.

Hope I am able to clear your doubt.

Regards

Amitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In VKOA we assign the revenue G/L account

In in Customer master we are assigning reconcilation account --that is customer G/Laccount.

Q: how the system determines the customer G/L which we mention in customer master Account Management tab under Company Code tab.

The ideal accounting entry is

Customer account Debit

Sales revenue account Credit

A: Yes, you are correct. Here the system debits the Reconciliation account mention in customer master which may or may not unique for all customer and customer account also (If maintained separately by FI).

Goto FB03 Tcode and enter your accounting document number, there you could find two fields ACCOUNT and G/L ACCOUNT. Account will refer to customer account which is unique to each customer and G/L Account will refer to reconciliation account for that customer.

Hope this helps you.

try and revert.