E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1 occurance 0 to 5

E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1-field_c1

I have to map

FILE field1 to E1PARENT1-field_p1

and

FILE field2 to E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1-field_c1

I tried

RemoveContext -> SplitByValue(value change) -> CollapseContext ->E1PARENT1

RemoveContext -> SplitByValue(value change) -> CollapseContext ->E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1

With above i'm getting output

a) parent IDOC segment E1PARENT1 repeated 10 times (source FILE got 10 records) .. .This is correct

b) The first parent segment E1PARENT1 got 5 child segments E1CHILD1. -- this is incorrect

c) The second parent segment E1PARENT1 has NO child segments E1CHILD1 -- this is incorrect

I want

first parent segment E1PARENT1 to have 1 child segment E1CHILD1 having 1st record field2 of input FILE

2nd parent segment E1PARENT1 to have 1 child segment E1CHILD1 having 2nd record field2 of input FILE

3rd parent segment E1PARENT1 to have 1 child segment E1CHILD1 having 3rd record field2 of input FILE

I think by changing occurance (ECC value is 0 to 5) of child IDOC segment E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1 to 1 could solve this issue. (I tried to change the text file, but it is no confusing where to change using Notepad). Basically i don't know how to control the queue context of CHILD segment of IDOC matching with PARENT segment of the IDOC.

Any better alternative. Please help. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

I reviewed your question and is not necesary to use UDF.. Split by Value,Collapse Context, Remove Context.

Only map your field by field.. like this. It's symply.

.../E1PARENT1/field_p1 = /File/F1

.../E1PARENT1/E1CHILD1 = /Field/F2

.../E1PARENT1/E1CHILD_field_c1 = /Field/F2

Edited by: Luis Ortiz on Jun 30, 2009 2:51 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the IDOC target

E1PARENT1 (o to 99 occurance)

E1PARENT1-field_p1

E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1 (0 to 5 occurance)

E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1-field_c1

I resolved using standard function of message mapping. The mistake was SplitByvalue(value change), when changed to SplitByvalue(each value) got desired result. Here is the mapping to benefit others. Please correct or add if any, thanks.

a) Target - Parent segment

SOURCE-RECS->RemoveContext -> E1PARENT1

SOURCE-RECS-F1->RemoveContext -> E1PARENT1-field_p1

b) Target - Child segment

SOURCE-RECS->RemoveContext -> SplitByValue(each value) -> E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1

SOURCE-RECS-F1->RemoveContext -> SplitByValue(each value) -> E1PARENT1-E1CHILD1-field_c1