cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Drag and Drop in layout tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm fairly new to VC 7.0 and am trying to lay out my model to find that in the layout tab, I am unable to drag and drop items like some of the exercises I am doing instruct me to. I've searched a bit on the forum here and it doesn't seem to be a common occurance so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

VC level: 700.17.0.1

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can drag & drop the components only in 'Design Tab'. Also make sure when you create new model, first you have to drag 'iView'. then double click on this 'iView' then only you can drag other components , connectors etc.

I hope this is what you were looking for, if there is any issue please let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this pretty much answered my question. Complete drag and drop layout settings are only available in VC 7.1 and beyond. And 7.1 and forward will be composition environment from what I've seen.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can not drag and drop any thing in the layout Tab in VC7.0 That is possible only form VC7.1.

You have to drga and drop all the required things into Design board then you can place in the screen(Layoutsettings) in the layout tab.

here you can chnage the positions of the controls and their size...etc

hope you got my point.

Regards,

GOVINDU