cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search not working in Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While seaching for an item in internal catalog with some key word, it is not giving any result. It it giving the message "no items found". TREX is running. But still search is not yeilding any output.

In my preivous project we came across this situation and SAP found that the index got corrupted. We regenerate the index and after that search is working fine.

Could you please help me, how to check whether index is corrupted or not?

Also, apart from TREX and index, will there be any other reasons for this issue?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Are you using any special character to search? or even search itself not working ?

what keyword you typed to search the items?

your clue may help to answer some one?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason for your detailed explanation. I need to discus with my management before proceeding this.

Will update you the status.

Muthu,

We have enabled the search for vendor part number. We used to do the search with vendor part number. In most of the cases it will be alpha numeric.

Thanks,

Arun

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Check the validity of the index by using report /CCM/CHECK_TREX, if the index is orange or red it is likely corrupted. Also verify that the index on the trex side is ok in transaction TREXADMIN, restart the trex server before deleting indexes etc to verify that this alone does not clear up your issue, sometimes these issues can be resolved by restarting trex.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason.

I could see all the catalogs are showing in yellow color in the report /CCM/CHECK_TREX. Index would have been corrupted.

I have restarted the TREX server several times, but still it is not working.

I am not sure what should I check in TREXADMIN transaction. Also could you please help, how to fix the index issue?

Thanks,

Arun

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If the indices are still orange after restarting TREX then they are most likely beyond recovery. I suggest you proceed as follows:

De-Publish all affected catalogs from the UI (3rd option in publishing)

Once de-published, republish again in Full (not delta) publication.

If this is not successful, run report /CCM/CHECK_TREX and select each index, once drilled into there will be a trash can icon to delete the index, use this and remove the indices.

After this, delete the SE versions of the catalogs using report /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG - make sure you know what you are doing here though!!

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If you are using SRM-MDM Catalog then set the keyword property of the Short Description field present in the repository to Yes and load the repository with Update Indices.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja