cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM & SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Question: I know that with SRM a predelivered repository (and SRM-MDM version) should be used in order to make the UI work. But let's say that the organization wants to use the full MDM suite to maintain their master data. Is it possible to make this work with SRM 5.0 or SRM 7.0?

Meaning, collecting the master data from the back-end system, mainting it MDM and then syndicating it back to R/3. I presume the predelivered SRM-MDM repository should be used. But can we subsequently maintain the master data in MDM and syndicate it back to R/3 when whe purchase the complete MDM suite? Will the SRM-MDM UI keep working if we have the full MDM suite available?

Thx.

Skander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say you want to use MDM for managing catalogs as well as managing master data? If you download the MDM installable from the market place it does not contain the SCA files required for SRM-MDM hence you need to separately download the SCA files of compatible version.

You can use MDM in both the scenarios if you have everything in place i.e. all installables along with SCA files. You should use SRM-MDM repository only but for catalogs you need to create the view so that only catalog items would be visible in EBP instaed of entire repository data which may not be required. This can be achieved either using Named Searches or Masks

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (0)