cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Usage by User report

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the Action Usage by User report work? Its one of the miscellanenous reports under the security reports on the Informer tab. Do I have to run a background job to gather this data? If I try to run the report now I don't get any data even though I know a transaction has been run during the query period.

Thanks for any help

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

An Alert Generation Job will fetch the transaction usage data for that report.

/Vit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

s_pados
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

The usage data is extracted via ERM. There you need to create a connector and schedule a Role Usage Synchronization job, Once that is done the Alert Generation job in RAR will fetch the data from ERM.

Greets,

Stefan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your helpful answers. Is there a new user manual for CC 5.3. When I look at the docs that came with my install files I only have a config manual for CC. The config doc is not very helpful for questions like this, a user manual would be very helpful

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

The user manual for AC5.3 is not available in the marketplace. But it is there for AC5.2.

Regards,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can find the online User Guide in the GRC help section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_grcac53/helpdata/en/3c/1d5934299ba662e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

In my opinion, however, this 5.3 User Guide is not as helpful or intuitive as previous verisons.

--

Jes Behrens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi david

To see the data in tracnsaction usage report you have first execute the Alert Generation background job. This job will collect the required information from SAP and store in CC table for the purpose of this report

Parveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've scheduled the alert generation report and it runs fine on my GRC DEV box, but regularly fails on my GRC Production box - that's a separate thread that's still awating an answer.

Anyway, on my GRC DEV box, it runs regularly, completes successfully, and yet this report comes up blank.

Why do you think it's doing that?

Thanks,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Confirm that there is information being written to the alert log text file. if that file is empty check the permission you have set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I took a look at the location that I've configured in RAR. However there isn't any log file to be found.

Santosh

0 Kudos

Did you restart the instance after you updated the file location? If not you need to do that. Also confirm that you have defined the permissions correctly from the server side for that location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, instance has been restarted, and also, permissions for the directory have been reviewed to ensure that there is read, write and execute on it. Yet, no file is created for the log.

Santosh

0 Kudos

execute the job again, when it fails post the contents of the java log in this thread. we may be able to help you more once we view that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error log, after the job failed. Note that I've gone back and validated the user ID being used in our development system (where this job succeeds) and our production system. The user ID has the same roles in both systems.

Aug 25, 2010 8:14:05 PM com.virsa.cc.comp.VirsaXSR3_02Interface execute

WARNING: VIRSAXSR3_02: Cannot execute BAPI StatRec

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.WDDynamicRFCExecuteException: An error occurred when receiving a complex parameter., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

0 Kudos

Looks like the connectors are not defined correctly. If you are on a SP level other than 12, I would start by checking the JCO destinations you have defined (in the Netweaver Admin Area) If its 12 then you should change your connector type from Adaptive RFC to SAP JCo. SAP has reported issues with Adaptive RFC's in SP 12 (even though Adaptive RFC's are the recommended connection method). I was told that the issue would be fix in the next SP Release.

Are any of your analysis jobs working? Try running a risk analysis against a role or user for the affected backend system. Does that complete successfully? Also have a look at transaction SM58 in the backend system to see if there are any RFC related errors there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No RFC Errors. Re: other jobs, they all run successfully. Alert Generation is the only one failing, and it started failing only a few days ago - it has run successfully before - and the settings/config on the GRC side haven't been changed (so the only possibility is a change on the ECC side).

However, the message server that's configured in the connector (and that's working) actually points to the central services instance. In SPM, we had an issue earlier where this name wouldn't work and so we had to use the primary app server name, and then SPM worked fine. Do you think that with RAR, and this report, even though everything else is working fine, the error on the alert generation may be associated with the server name?

Edited by: Santosh Krishnan on Aug 26, 2010 2:02 PM