cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous send step from ccBPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'd like to ask you if you have an idea how to configure synchronous send step from ccBPM. So scenario is quite simple:

1. async start of process

2. sync send to system A

3. continue of process

What I already did is:

I define abstract sync interface everything including names is the same as target sync service interface. Then I define async abstract SI with a name of Request Message type and async abstract SI with a name of Response Message. I of course use Receiver From property set to Send Context...

In monitoring it looks like this: I successfully call sync interface, but the way back???... First of all process does not wait for response but continue with other steps and response doesn't not have service interface, namespace and receivers properties set(service, interface, namespace)...

Does anyone already face this problem or do you know how to send sync message from ccBPM in PI 7.1?

Many Thanks,

Milan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milan,

Use this blog as reference and see if you miss anything:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

We worked some interfaces in 7.1 and we dont have any issues.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

and how do you set the attributes for this sync step in ccBPM?

Sync Interface: FileDetails_sync_AI

Request Message: FileRequest_Out_MI

Response Message: FileReponse_Out_MI

What was the send context(Do you use it in configuration time)?

Many Thanks,

Milan

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A BPM cannot process further without receiving the response message of the SYnc Send......

In the req and resp tabs of the Sync Step of BPM you have to use the correspoding Container Variables (which you have defined with the ABS Async Req and Resp MIs).

I am having few Sync steps defined in some BPMs on PI7.1 and all are waiting for the response and then only proceeding....if any error then BPM wont progress (rather should not).....below are the settings of my Sync Step:

Mode: Synchronous

Create New Transaction: Unchecked

Synchronous Interface: FileDetails_sync_AI

Request Message: Container variable for Req MI

Response Message: Container variable for Resp MI

Receiver From: Send Context

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I said: it doesn't wait... I saw a call to sync receiver, but the in monitoring I see a call to the next async receiver. After that there is a response from sync caller, but just sender service is recognize, interface and interface namespace is missing... And of course the complete recevier part.

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks strange in monitoring, but it works...

I mean the response is still after the next call, but i can work with response attributes it that call so.

Many Thanks,

Milan

Answers (0)