cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize links on ESS Benefits and Payment - main page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has some custom links configured on ESS 'Benefits and Payment' main page with valid URLs and all. Now they want to show a small icon besides these links.

In WD java, I can easily do so by providing an imagesource and checking imagefirst attribute or can also do it dynamically at runtime but the issue is to know where this has to be done. Can anyone help me here to know which Dc and component I need to work on? Pl. remember that these are Custom configured links from IMG.

Thanks,

Vishwas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas,

Since this links is configured at IMG level please contact SAP HR/Basis team to insert images here.

On click of hyperlink you are navigated to WD DC. So there is no question of any changes at WD DC level.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anmol,

In IMG, there is no option to configure the image part and that's the reason they want me to work on this from development side.

Hyperlinks point to intra company websites so users are not navigating to any WD DC as such. I believe xssutils DC should have the answer to my requirement. But this is an initial assessment and I'm not certain yet.

Thanks,

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas,

Please go through this blog. Hope it suits ur requirement

/people/christopher.solomon/blog/2007/03/01/customize-icons-for-the-homepage-framework

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwas,

The Benefits and Payments webdypro Iview is designed through this application,

sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils

if your able to edit this, i think you can place your image through this application.

Cheers,

APPARAO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renu,

This blog points to customization of images on ESS areagroup and area pages. I need to modify the already customized links to show images before them from inside the code. Not much help with this blog but thanks for your time and efort.

Vishwas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparao,

I'm working with this Dc as I said in my reply to Anmol. I've found some success but not quite there yet. Unfortunately there are no documents available for this kind of post-configuration customization work.

Thanks.

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont have any documentation for the configuration things, but i ma working on the custiomization of SAP delivered DC's,

if you want i can share the knowledge,

Cheers,

Appu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appu,

Thanks for offering to share the information. Pl. do so as that might be useful later. I got the desired results by working on the above mentioned DC xssutils.

Thanks,

Vishwas.