Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dateTrans Error: Unparseable date: ""

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I've a source field datesource type date and

a target field datetarget type string

datesource = yyyymmdd and i need in datetarget = ddmmyyyy.

i'm using the function dateTtrans, however the follow error occurs:

Runtime exception during processing target field mapping /ns1:file/Inv/InvSum/EDate. The message is: Unparseable date: "" com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception during processing target field mapping /ns1:file/Inv/InvSum/EDate. The message is: Unparseable date: ""

thanks very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

Jaya,

i've included "" and it's work, however, if my dataSource is "00000000" the dataTarget is "30110002" why?, i need the dataTarget in this case will be "00000000",

thank you

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dataSource is "00000000" is not a valid date and therefore some arbitary result is getting generated for you. It is required for dateTrans function that the dates are passed in proper format. if you believe that the dates won't come in proper format, then you have to put some conditions before passing the value to dateTrans ensuring that a proper date is passed. You may simple pass the value to target without using dateTrans in case source value is 00000000.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you feel that 00000000 is not passed properly to the target then instead of the DateTransform function why dont you try for multiple substring functions in the mapping logic for the target date.......looking at your req you will need three substring functions and two concat functions....

Ultimately your requirement is to convert yyyymmdd to ddmmyyyy then it can be even achieved using substring functions....the reason for using DateTransform function is that it is simple, has capability to insert date separator.....

So if you feel for 0s the o/p is wrong then you can consider substring logic (it works for date ---> date mapping and have just tested it)....and it works for 20090630 as well as 00000000

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dateTransf don't work without separator?,..i need transform date without separator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deigo,

Double Click on Datetrans function and in the source format click on the ? mark which takes you to a different screen. There is a date separator there. If you dont have any separator click on the drop down and select the last one which is space. If you do this you have the format YYYY MM dd (there is a space here). So you have to manually remove the space.

Or

In source and target format just put the format you are receiving and sending.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

It says the input format is wrong. Please check your input format of the date. Also see whether you have any separator in your input.

Please check once again your DateTrans functiona has any separator.

After all of this does not work then please give us the sample incoming xml file so that somebody can help you out.

Regards,

---Satish