cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy to DOE from NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I have everything setup to deploy from NWDI except actually connecting to the DOE as a runtime system in my track. From what I read you need to setup the JRA, which I believe I've done. But after that I'm confused. I tried setting up the runtime system with the DOE user and Http port but that doesn't work. I can't find any direct information regarding this except regarding the JRA (which doesn't explain much to begin with). Can someone help me understand this or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the JRA file configured to connect to the DOE but how do the mobile components actually get deployed from the NWDI? I can't seem to figure out where the Jra file comes into play and how it's utilized. Can someone please clear this up for me. It would be greatly appreciated.

I've been referring to the following documentation: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/45/17a78cd8000064e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

-> Deploying Mobile Components to Data Orchestration Engine

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

To deploy from NWDI to DOE :

Did you mean ,1. uploading your application related files to server(DOE) ??

or 2. Directly deploy on to the client(pda/laptop).

If you are referring to point no.1 Then following are the steps to be done:

Provide DOE settings :

window->preferences->mobile->laptop or handhelds depending on what application you are creating

Provide JRE Settings :

window->preferences->java->installed JREs

Build the application files and then upload all your sda files(;aptop/pda) to DOE using sdoe_upload_archive

location from where to pick you sda files , depends on type of application you are creating!

Regards,

Lakshmi

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have set up the JRA connection you need to configure to which DOE system the deployment of the archives (SDA) should happen. In previous releases we had the DeployTool, where you can configure the settings to the DOE system. Check the following.

1. Load the EAR Module i.e. the sapjra file. from the Deploy tool.

2. Once this module is loaded in the properties tab for the Sapjra.rar module you can set the settings to the DOE as below.

- SAPClient : 000

ServerName : server name

PortNumber : 01 (=system number)

Language : EN

UserName : username

Password : password

3. Once you do the settings you can deploy the module and start this module.

4. Launch the Visual Administrator of the J2EE engine. There you select the Connector Container.

5. In Runtime tab expand sap.com/sapjra.rar. Select eis/SAPJRAFactory and create a Clone with two names SAPJRAFactory_EN and clone another factory with the name SAPJRAFactory_DE.

6. In the properties tab of each of the above clones you should enter the following properties

CAUTION !!! Keep in mind that all parameters in u201CPropertiesu201D tab must be u201CStringu201D type

Group PUBLIC

Language EN

MessageServer ....

Password *****

SAPClient 000

SystemID

NOTE: The above are steps earlier releases of J2EE. You can cross check with the documentation of J2EE to see if there are any changes in the way archives are deployed.

NOTE: You can also use the transaction sdoe_upload_archive to upload SDA and Non-SDA Files.

With Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

That is more information than I've found regarding the properties of the JRA. However, I still have a couple of questions.

I have already deployed the JRA, can I still change the properties as you listed in your first step?

Also, how does this JRA come into play when setting the runtime system of a NWDI track?

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

The runtime system setup requires the Host, Port, User and Password. The only difference from what I can tell from the required fields is that NWDS asks for the system number where the NWDI asks for the Port.

As for that item in the link you provided, i'm not a hundred percent as to where it's located but it does sounds familiar. I just can't seem to find any further information about what port the DOE expects you to deploy through.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

In this url [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/5821c52d251feee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

check out the section: First Steps in Development Infrastructure

I guess you tried giving http port already. Http port for a particular host (of the DOE server) could be got from transaction

SICF in DOE system->execute>GoTo menu>Port information-->service column gives the port number for corresponding hostname.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen that before but what about connecting it from the NWDI (development infrastructure)? Should the same settings work? What I use the system number as the port?

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if its different from NWDI.

Do you the see the same fields like Client, User name,Password, server name and system number in NWDI also?

System number could be got from your SAP Logon pad itself .,right click on the system name and say properties.

Do you see a place to enter port number too?

While going through the link that explains 'first steps in NWDI' , talks about connecting to server via 'http://<host>:<port>'.

Is this what you tried?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you already have a look at this link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8F/0B674240449C60E10000000A1550B0/frameset.htm]

please refer the section 'Configuring the Development Workstation' --> Configuring Connections to the DOE '

Regards,

Liji