cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a client who has a specific rental requirement and I am not sure if it fits into a standard proces flow in SAP or not. Can anyone advise? The process is:

(1) Machines are rented out on a contract for a period. say 12 months.

(2) The machines are delivered direct to a specific location.

(3) The machines are subject to routine maintenance visits from a service engineer at regular intervals during the contract.

(4) If a machine stops working and is beyond repair during the rental period, it is completely replaced.

(5) There is milestone/regular billing during the life of the contract.

I understand that the standard SAP sales contract (types MV and/or WV) do not include delivery in the flow but in this case there IS a delivery because the machines are sent to a specific location.

Is there a standard solution to this scenario? Should the supply contract be handled in SD and the maintenance contract as a separate CS module process? Can they be combined into one document flow?

Sorry for all the questions but I am really not sure how to go ahead with this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

1) Use consignement fill up document KB for initial delivery of the machine, it will show the machine at customers site.

2) Maintain the Rent as a material and include this while delivering using KB. For this item's item category add a periodic billing plan, enter the period of rent and it will generate regular rental bills.

3) While getting the machine back to the supplier you can use Consignement PickUP document to get it back in to our inventory.

4) Create a WV value contract and map it to service billing if any.

Hope this mapping will help you.

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat - I like the idea of the consignment - it would fit very well, I take it from your answer that you would run the service/maintenance part of the arrangement as a completely different document altogether.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

As Venkat said, Equipment can be delivered / returned back using Consignment fill up / pick up process. you can execute a Service contract for maintenance / Service purpose.

Whenever there is a Service order / Preventive maintenance order, Execute and settle the cost to the service cotract.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Babu

CS Consultant