cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical forecasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make a forecast. I know I have to make a forecast profile and then I can exceute it in the interactive planning table.

My question is refering to the next transaction: /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN >> Extras >> Forecast Settings and here I can select: Forecast Key Figure, Corrected History, Corrected Forecast, Expost Forecast and Expost MLR.

I have 3 questions:

1. Do I have to set any key figure here or can I leave it blank?

2. In the documentation I have I understand that I have to select the key figure where I want to save the forecast under Forecast Key Figure, is that correct?

3. The key Figure that I put under Corrected History, what is that for? I have selected the KFA, Then I go to maintain forecast profile (/SAPAPO/MC96B) and set the same Key Figure under Univariate Forecast: Read Historical Data = KFA and it does not let me entry any other field? Should not these Key Figures be the same?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add few more points to the above reply..

The Forecast settings in the planning area can be left blank and the settings will take the default keyfigure values created earlier.

These settings are used to calculate the outlier correction that happens in the forecasting process and the kyfigures are

corrected history == is used corect the history, expost keyfigure, corrected forecst.

The forecast keyfigure is used display the statistical forecast value in the process.The read historical value is used to read the value from the sales history that we get from ECC.

If u maintain the forecast keyfigure settings in master profile and univariate profile its enough..IF u want u can assign ur own settings for kye figures.

Let me know if u need anymore clarifications

Thanks

suresh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make a forecast. I know I have to make a forecast profile and then I can exceute it in the interactive planning table.

My question is refering to the next transaction: /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN >> Extras >> Forecast Settings and here I can select: Forecast Key Figure, Corrected History, Corrected Forecast, Expost Forecast and Expost MLR.

I have 3 questions:

1. Do I have to set any key figure here or can I leave it blank?

There is no need to set any key figure in tcode /n/sapapo/msdp_admin for forecasting to work . You can leave it blank .

2. In the documentation I have I understand that I have to select the key figure where I want to save the forecast under Forecast Key Figure, is that correct?

Yes that is right. The key figure under "read historical data" in the univariate fcst profile is the one from which historical data will be read and forcasting will be done. After this the forecast results will be saved to your forecast key figure

3. The key Figure that I put under Corrected History, what is that for? I have selected the KFA, Then I go to maintain forecast profile (/SAPAPO/MC96B) and set the same Key Figure under Univariate Forecast: Read Historical Data = KFA and it does not let me entry any other field? Should not these Key Figures be the same?

Do not give any value in /n/sapapo/msdp_admin. Just create forecast master profile and univariate profile . That would be more than enough .

Thanks

Saradha