Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

KM permissions for repositories

Hello all,

I've got a question about the permissions for km repositories.

In SAP Note 599425 you can find some recommendations about km permissions for repositories. E.g. for the folder/repository "documents" you should set following permissions:

For role Content Manager: Full Control

For Everyone: None (delete entry).

No I wonder why I should use the content manager role instead of content admin role? To see the folders of the KM Content I need to have the content admin role instead of the content manager role, which should have full control.

Now if I set content manager= full control and nothing else does a portal user that only have the content admin role (so that they could see the repositories) but not the content manager role acess to the documents folder? I don't think so....

Best regards

Nicole

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Nicole -

Keep in mind that the documents repository of KM is displayed when navigating to Content Management > Explorer. So someone with the Content Manager role (even without the Content Admin role) can easily navigate to this repository, but this repository only. It's provided as the landing page for the Content Management tab and is quite handy for the Content Managers out there.

But the KM permissions should be tailored to each organization's need, obviously. Just shedding some light on what SAP's thinking may have been..

Cheers,

Fallon

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question