Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype Field level restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it posibble to control the activity of the Infotype field (SSN, Birthdate etc) seperately with in the same Infotype for a user.

Let me explain

There is a situation where in a user needs access to infotype 0002 with change access to SSN field and only display access to Birthdate field.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As far as i know, there is no standard SAP authorization object for restricting fields within the infotype. We had a similar scenario, however, we wanted to hide one field, which we did through transaction screen variant. May be you can given it a try.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

Thank you for the response.Thats what i belive, to go with the screen variants, where in we can hide a field for a group of users and give access to others for the same infotype.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem for infotype 0008, but what happens with the reports? Even if I restrict it using the screen control, the users will be able to see the fields in reporting. I tried with a custom authorization object but doesn't seem to work. If you have discovered anything please share.

Thanks in advance