cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging JSP and Serlvet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please provide me pointers to debug JSP and Servlets on a remote server?

I tried this documentation ( [Debugging a JSP|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/63/b9d45d9d8d0f46a7618d8c3681de89/content.htm] ) but I am not able to debug.

Appreciate your time and effort.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Is your problem solved ?

If not, Can you please elaborate what do you mean by not able to debug ?

Are you able to ad breakpoints in ur code ? or when you hit the application does it stop at the breakpoint ? or in NWDS, you click on run -> debug do you see any connection configured ?

Regards

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

My problem is solved. I re-configured everything step by step and it worked.

If you are having the same problem, follow the steps (link pointed by Nitesh)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/a8/def86ab54da5418a3575373934ca00/content.htm

All the best.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitesh / Marcos / Siarhei,

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Vikram,

I dont know if were offering help or having the same issue. Probably you were offering help. Thanks anyways.

Regards,

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a debug port open in your server (check J2EE Engine in the NWDS) just try to create a new Remote Java Application in Debug wizard... Then specify server host name and the port. That's all.

BR, Sergei

Edited by: Siarhei Pisarenka on Jun 29, 2009 7:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Have you enable debug session in your server?

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcus,

Yes I have enabled debugging on the server. The "Debug Mode" is ON (when I check the J2EE Engine in the NWDS).

Do I need to enable anything else?

- Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of netweaver do you use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcus,

Netweaver Server 7.00 SP17

NWDS 7.0.17.

Any pointers?

- Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak

I use NW 7.1, and it is a little bit different, because in this version Netweaver administrator is in web browser and some configuration change. But like what i have seem in this tutorial who you post, the step is similar.

You need to create a new SAP Application debug in your developer studio and put breakpoints in your code. Then enable the debug session in NW Admin. This is the steps whi i do.

There is one little detail here, in debug session on NWA. When i start this session with administrator, in sap console management in the server that isn't work. Then i start and NWDS with the same user, whi i have deployed my application, in sap console management perspective.

Afterward this the debug works.

I don't know if this can help you, because is a newer version than your version. But great if help you.

Good luck

Marcos