Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Connections in GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to install GRC.

I am confused to which JCO we have to use.

As per the documentation.

-

A back-end HR version 4.0 SP2 Virsa Compliance Calibrator or greater to a version 5.2 HR Virsa Compliance Calibrator front end

Connection limit : Three systems

VIRSAHR_MODEL & VIRSAHR_METADATA

VIRSAHR_01_MODEL & VIRSAHR_01METADATA

VIRSAHR__02_MODEL&VIRSAHR__02_METADATA

A back-end non HR version 4.0 SP2 Virsa Compliance Calibrator or greater to a non-HR version 5.2

Virsa Compliance Calibrator front end

Connection limit : Three systems

VIRSAR3_01_MODEL & VIRSAR3_01_METADATA

VIRSAR3_02_MODEL & VIRSAR3_02_METADATA

VIRSAR3__03_MODEL&VIRSAR3__03_METADATA

A back-end version 5.2 Virsa Compliance Calibrator RTA.

Connection limit : Fifteen(15) systems

VIRSAXSR3_01_MODEL&VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA

VIRSAXSR3_02_MODEL&VIRSAXSR3_02_METADATA

VIRSAXSR3__15_MODEL&VIRSAXSR3__15_METADATA

We are running on a ECC 6.0 system . we have SAP_HR in the componenets. we don't use HR in our ECC.

We have VIRSANH installed in the ECC 6.0 system.

So please let me know which of the above JCO connections we have to configure.

Thanks,

Tanuj

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanuj,

You need to use the JCo from below:

A back-end version 5.2 Virsa Compliance Calibrator RTA.

Connection limit : Fifteen(15) systems

VIRSAXSR3_01_MODEL&VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA

VIRSAXSR3_02_MODEL&VIRSAXSR3_02_METADATA

VIRSAXSR3__15_MODEL&VIRSAXSR3__15_METADATA

Once you run out of JCo from above (If you are connecting to more than 15 SAP systems) then only you should use other JCo destinations.

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Greetings Alpesh and Tanuj,

Isn't VIRSAHR mandatory if you have the SAP_HR component installed (even if you don't use it)?

In that case VIRSAHR_MODEL & VIRSAHR_METADATA should be used.

Regards,

Vit

0 Kudos

NOPE. SAP has made this very clear in the installation guide. You always need to use VIRSAXSR3 and once you run out of those (when you have more than 15 systems), that is when you should start using others like VIRSAR3 or VIRSAHR. Using VIRSAR3 or VIRSAHR will require you to configure CC 4.0 (ABAP version of RAR).

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Hello Vit,

If you have HR components installed in ECC and not using HR then you don't need to install VIRSAHR RTA.

You need VIRSAHR RTA only if you are using HR functionality in that perticular backend.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

0 Kudos

Hi Sirsh,

Thanks for clarifying it.

Kind Regards,

Vit

0 Kudos

Vit,

I think you are getting confused here. I was only talking about the JCo destinations provided with the product. It has nothing to do with RTA installation.

Regards,

Alpesh

0 Kudos

Hello Vit,

If you have SAP_HR component installed then you must install VIRSHR component also.

This is what SAP recommends and this will be the first thing asked by SAP support when creating any CSS message.

Although you do not use HR functionalitites but it is still needed to install VIRSHR.

Check the SAP note: 1086823.

After using 15 JCO VIRSAXSR3 connections, if you want to connect more system then you can use the

functionliaty of SAPJCO which is provided in CC Configuration-> Connector.

While creating the connector select the Connection type as SAP JCO.

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

WIthin 5.3, you can select SAPJCO type connections from the beginning. I gave this a go and I found this more reliable than having to deal via WebDynpro. With Direct communication taking place, I do feel I have a much more stable connection.

Not sure if this is recommended by SAP, as they do state that use the SAPJCO option after you have connected 15 systems up to the tool, but could be worth giving a go at your end.

Regards