cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New field with check box option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I intend to intend create new field in master agreement terms tab page with check box option.Please let us know how to do the same.

I also want this new field in cover page report.need to develop a query or automatically appears in the report.

Thanks in advance,

sai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

If you trying to change phase based on an event trigger then it needs to be addressed through scripting as stated by James.

If it is not and just wanted to default an extension with a value like check or uncheck then you can accomplish that through extension configuration.

Good Luck

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kamalakar,

He wants to default true to the field AUTO_OPEN_PHASE_CHANGE (Automatic phase change on planned open date). You can only do this with a script definition. If you know otherwise please advise.

It appears in an effort to get this defaulted a extension was created with the same name. This will not work.

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for your response. please let me know how to carry out the script changes so that my requirement can be met.

Also i want to reduce the auction minimum time to 5 minutes. currently the minimum time is 10 mins and we want the minimum time as 5 minutes.

3)The supplier when he checking for RFx response ,

he has to accept /decline the event terms

system by default the radio button is appearing for decline.

we want this to be changed to accept.

Please help me out for completing these three tasks.

Thanks and Regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well sounds like you made the change in Extensions for RFx. Did you try to create a new RFx from this type after this change, if so then you should be able to see this check box selected for new one.

Existing RFx's need to be changed manually as this extension already exists and default value is unchecked.

If a new extension is created and set the default value then that would reflect back on only onces as well as new one.

Good Luck

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi sai.

Sounds like you have created an extension on the Master Agreement or RFx Type object instead of creating in on the Master Agreement or RFx document object. Based on what you have said you need to create the extension on the document object. Also keep in mind that if you are creating a extension on a Master Agreement you also need to create it on Agreements because at the document level they are different objects.

Master Agreement 1004 contracts.Contract

Agreement 1003 contracts.Agreement

Master Agreement Type 1006 contracts.ContractType

RFx 900 rfx.RFXDoc

RFx Type 927 rfx.RfxType

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Please check in RFx Extensions under Extensions, select this extension and set the value selected to be default.

2. Incase if you are creating RFx from Template, then edit the template and select this extension value

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create an extension, refer to online help for step by step extension creation steps. Once you are done creating the extension you should include this extension in the report field list for which refer to online under query defination.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kamalakar,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The actual requirement is while creating RFP the field " Default Selected Item u2013 u201CAutomatic phase change on planned open dateu201D in schedule tab needs to be defaulted.

but in setup under RFP Document types -under defaults this field is not appearing.

So using field extensions, the above field was inserted under defaults in RFX Doc. types.

Now i selected the field in the document types.

But in the transaction still this field is not getting defaulted.

Please let me know what further needs to be done.

Thanks in advance,

sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The requirement is while creation of RFP without using template , the check box -automatic phase change on planned open date should be checked by default.

As of now this check box was not ticked.

I checked from RFP Document types , this field is not appearing under defaults.

So using extensions , i inserted this field in RFP types and in the attributes i checked default option while create/copy.

But in the actual transaction the field is not getting defaulted.

Please help me out in solving the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Sai.