cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Landscape Best Practice recomendation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeking advise on setting up SLD in my ever growing landscape.

I currently have a Master SLD on the same system as my NWDI system and a local SLD on my Solution manager 7.0 system that is updated from the master.

The Master SLD is shared by our ECC6 Duel Stack landscape and my BI 70 Duel stack portal landscape.

I have upcoming projects of implementing a PI 7.1 landscape, implementing CTS+ and a Solution Manager Enterprise upgrade all of which will be heavily dependent on SLD.

I have seen documentation that PI would like it's own local SLD.

My question is what would be the prefered SLD landscape and how to I get there. Any recomendations or best practices would be most appreciated.

Bill Stouffer

Basis Administrator.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SLD that we have implemented in our landscape is like bleow:

1) All PI and Portal system has local SLD.

2) For all non- production system, we have one SLD and production system we have seperate SLD.

3) It means we are following 3 tier SLD landscape as resommended by SAP.

4) Main SLd lies on solman, for production we have seperate and non-production we have seperate. non production and production sld sent data to main sld that is on solman.

4) All systems except PI and portal send data to production and non-production sld. PI and portal systems first send data to local which in turns send to production and non-production sld.

5) So by this way you whole environment is secure as production sld is different.

So, i will recommend to have 3 tier SLD approach. One of the important thing is don't use cenrtal user to send data across SLD as one user lock will in turns be the fallback of whole environment. So, always make each system specific user for data transfer so that user lock of one system will not impact other.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)