cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a audit log available for sender communication channel .

1)The sender communication channel tried to pick up some files 2 days back.I wanted to check the log of Sender Communication Channel for the problem today for why the files didn't get picked up(The messages are not there in sxmb_moni,CC is active,I had start/stop the CC,No locks in the file adapter,CC is up and running : These are some checks i have already taken up)

2)Communication Channel usually shows for 10-15 mins in RWB.Can it be changed to a longer duration -->day/week/month so that i can see the description of above problem?

3)There are some files already available in the FTP folder and the sender CC is unable to pick them up and new files are coming in.Does the new files get picked up by the CC eventhough the old files are there?

B'Rgds,

Sudhansu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundhanshu

> 2)Communication Channel usually shows for 10-15 mins in RWB.Can it be changed to a longer duration -->day/week/month so that i can see the description of above problem?

: You can see the detailed log by increasing the Trace Level and in Visual Admin. Contact your Basis team for it.

> 3)There are some files already available in the FTP folder and the sender CC is unable to pick them up and new files are coming in.Does the new files get picked up by the CC eventhough the old files are there?

: Please check whether the communication channel is referrring to the old file names, file types. Also check other paramters you have put in Sender File Adapter.

Regards,

Sarang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check with you FTP server Team and find out whether they have changed any permissions/access of the user?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansa,

First check your communication channel is active or not in INTEGRATION DIRECTORY.

If it is active , Then check the FTP server worked or not, If worked properly, then it will able to picked up the files.

Regards,

Sateesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>2)Communication Channel usually shows for 10-15 mins in RWB.Can it be changed to a longer duration -->day/week/month so that i can see the description of above problem?

this can be changed for the number of log entries like 15 or 200

but all the logs can be found in visual admin log services for XI too so I wouldn't change it

>>>There are some files already available in the FTP folder and the sender CC is unable to pick them up and new files are coming in.Does the new files get picked up by the CC eventhough the old files are there?

depending how the file adapter is set up - it can pull files with the oldest date or name

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

depending how the file adapter is set up - it can pull files with the oldest date or name

Any thread/scenario on the above on how they are configured?

In my case the new files are not getting picked up.

Is the CC behaves as such a way where the new files gets picked up even if a old file is already available(say for some reason the old file is unable to get picked up).

Thanks,

Sudhansu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to pick the file depends on how you have configured the CC.....if you have configured the CC to pick files based on Date then the files will be picked on FIFO manner.....if it is by name then all the files (with the specified name) will be picked (randomly)

this is mentioned under the Processing Tab ---> Processing Sequence.....

Are you getting any error log in the Sender CC?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

There are no errors in sender CC.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Michal

If I want to change the communication channel's Audit log's storage duration, how can I make it?

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful thread