cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO.Repository: Read all function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

is there any possibility to read all function templates from the JCO repoitory? (Not only the template of a special function module).

I tried repostory.getCachedFunctionInterfaces(), but the resulted string array had no entries.

Thanks for your help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

You can use RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH functional module and pass '*' as funcname to get a list of all RFC enabled functional modules in your system. This FM is used by NWDS when SAP EC or WD Adaptive RFC Model wizard are running.

Best regards, Maksim rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This RFM is exactly what I needed! Thanks a lot ...

<b>edit: </b> Do you now a RFM to read the package name (and short text) of a group?

I tried RFC_GROUP_SEARCH, but this RFM only returns the short text of the group...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Klaus,

Try RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH_WITHGROUP instead of RFC_GROUP_SEARCH.

Also pay attention, that loading all RFMs description into JCo.Repository is an excellent way to set your application on knees I saw systems with 30000 - 60000 RFMs, plus structure / table definitions, plus info on fields of these structures.... -- preloading all this stuff into memory (and JCo.Repository keep all data in memory) will definitely lead to OutOfMemory exception. Even listing all RFMs takes long time (approximately one-two minutes in my environment).

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

I can imagine, that reading the information of <i>all</i> RFMs can take a while. I'm building some kinda Javadoc for the RFMs - so the program runs only once...

Answers (0)