Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Email Address on SAP

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I´m newest in SAP world... so I want/need to setup an email box on solution manager system, a email address to send an "Automatic Emailing of Reports", for instance, to receive emails automatically to nominated email address from reports EarlyWatch Alert Report either for the entire solution or for individual systems.

I don´t have an email address... or I have a default email address (??) for my user and I don´t know... How can I setup a receive/send messages from Business Workplace (SBWP)... is from this workplace that I can send/receive emails?!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hav u configured SCOT for sending mails...with it u cn send mail

Pls go thru following....& also for configuring u need to goto SPRO in solman In cross specific setting u search for automatic email.....& thn u can configure scot .

Set-Up SAPconnect

Use

E-mails sent from an SAP application are first sent to a queue. The queued e-mails are subsequently sent by a periodic background job.

For automatic e-mailing:

1. set up SAPconnect

2. set up a periodic job for SAPconnect

This IMG activity is a prerequisite for the following functions:

Test Management

System Monitoring

Business Process Monitoring. SAPConnect processes all workflow messages which are sent because of an alert in Business Process monitoring .

Downtime Management

Requirements

For use in Business Process Monitoring SAPConnect must be set-up:

until ST-SER 700_2006_1, in client 000

from ST-SER 700_2006_2 in production client

See the SAP Solution Manager Security Guide in the Service Marketplace -> AP Components -> SAP Solution Manager, for details of setting up system users for end users.

Activities

Set-up SAPConnect

3. Logon to the Solution Manager systems, in the required client.

4. Choose the transaction SAPconnect: Administration (SCOT).

5. Choose View -> System Status.

6. Choose Settings -> Default Domain.

7. Specify your default domain and confirm. For example, "mydomain.com".

8. In the Administration screen, double-click the SMTP node.

9. Maintain general data:

a) Set the Maximum waiting time for send repetition to one minute.

b) Select the field Node in Use.

10. Maintain SMTP connection data:

a) Specify the mail host for SMTP. For example, "mail.mydomain.com".

b) Specify a mail port. The default port is 25.

c) Choose a codepage, e.g. 1100 SAP-internally, like ISO 8859-1.

11. Maintain supported address types:

a) Choose "Set" (for "Internet").

b) Enter an asterisk (*) for address area.

12. Choose Continue.

Schedule the periodic background job to send queued e-mails

13. Call transaction SCOT.

14. Choose View -> Jobs.

The SAPconnect: Administration (Jobs) screen is displayed.

15. Choose Job -> Create.

A dialog box is displayed.

16. Specify a job name.

17. Confirm.

18. In the next window, select the variant SAP&CONNECTALL.

19. Choose Schedule Job.

20. Choose Schedule Periodically.

Regards

Prakhar

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar Saxena,

Despite the time delay of my feedback I appreciate your help, your explanation!

After all, I didn´t setup the sap connect in solution manager. But now I have to do that but isn´t in solution mananger system but now is in SAP ECC 6.0 system. I don´t know if this configuration and if your explanation is the same for this time. So is that explanation, that you describe at your last answer, can be applied for ECC 6.0 ? The required components for the sap connect configuration in this sap system is any specific? Is there any official document by SAP for this specific configuration?

For this configuration I think is necessary some data... one of their is the mail server (mail host for SMTP), and others... what are the others?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First at all the problem was solved. You was right, the mail server didn´t allowed emails from SAP System.

But I´m still with some doubts, for instance about the parameter that I set in instance profile icm/server_port_1 = PROT=SMTP,PORT=10,TIMEOUT=0

( http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9716/sapparametersmtp.jpg )

I setup the SAP Connect service in other system and I doesn´t set that parameter but even so I´m able to send email messages from SAP to an external email address! I receive the message in my external email and internal email. When I entry in SMICM I see in there the SMTP besides HTTP protocol network... but with Port 0... and that works!! So I don´t understand what means that parameter and that port 10 that you recommend me in a message above, and what means PROT; PORT; TIMEOUT!

When I read the sap help regarding sapconnect service I found this:

u2022 icm/server_port_ to 0.

So tell if I´m wrong and if I don´t understand well this previous explication by SAP... this isn´t for the case if we want to receive emails from internal/external e-mails addresses? But for that that the protocol isn´t it the POP3 ? (We now don´t need to receive emails in SAP from internal/external address emails but despite that I want to learn about what this parameters mean and for what scenarios I need to set them.

Can you teach me please...?! Sorry, my apologizes if I´m bother you!

Best regards,

Joao Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar Saxena,

I´m still faccing with a problem regarding the job and the time that is schedule in SOST which let execute the process of send the message.

I scheduled the job like you said me from the point 13 of your last message in this thread. When I send a message (System --> Short message or through SBWP business workplace) to my external address email, after this I´m going to SOST and I see there the message but in there the message have a clock icon with status text: "Will be sent after 03.01.2010 20:12:24" and this is exactly 1 hour after I send a message!!

Now, the status text say this: "The message is not currently recorded by the send process. Only when the send time specified by the application has been reached, will the send process send the message."

What I want is to ask you if is possible to setup this clock, this is, the period of send time because we not want to wait 1 hour that is the time that is set by default!

So, how can I set the time for do that, the job only can send the message after this send time!!??

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello João,

if it's not the send job (check time period of send job in TA SCOT) you should check the time zones of the SAP system and your server (OS).

Regards,

Konstantin

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

In fact I already solve this problem... and he you´re right the problem it was the time zone.

I aligned tha SAP Time Zones with Tx STZAC in all systems Development; Quality and Production.

Anyway thank you for your attempt to help me.

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This situation aren´t solve yet!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is same for ECC 6.0 as well.

If you want to send emails only to specific users, than maintain their user ID at this step "b) Enter an asterisk (*) for address area."

If you put asterik (*), then it will send emails to all.

Thanks,

Giri

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been try to setup the sapconnect service but now in last phase of it I?m faccing with a problem.

First for testing we want to configure that service in our DEV System after made all test by sending message we will setup certainly in the Production System.

So there is a problem when I send a message in SAP to an external email address, which I believe is caused by an authentication error, when the email address account try to connect with mail server. I create a specific account address email for this specific service connection, when a sap user want to send a message to other users for their own personal email address. The problem I think is in the process which is mandatory with all email users accounts which is when each one want to link to mail server (for instance through outlook or thunderbird) it always needed an authentication!!

Best regard,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

... I setup the sap connect in SCOT and I delivered/release the message in SAP in SOST (NO... I don´t want create the job that makes this process automatically) and after I send the message to a external mail server (in this case to GMAIL account address) it showed an error in tab of "Send status" which say: Internal error: CL_SMTP_RESPONSE ESMTP error code is not known....

You can see on this two following images:

Image1 -> http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9531/smtp.jpg

Image2 -> http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5500/smtpdetaile rror.jpg

First I thought that maybe could be a problem with a port in sap server that was not oppened, but after I did a telnet to mail server on sap server I verify that is OK... you can see the result of that telnet in next image:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7611/telnetconne ction.jpg

Best regards

João Dimas - Portugal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/49/fa6b41419f031de10000000a155106/content.htm

Check SAP Note 957412 - Troubleshooting automatic email transmission in SAP Solution

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Jun 29, 2009 1:28 PM