cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum WBS element creation in the same level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS experts,

Can i know what is the maximum numbers of WBS elements can be created within the same WBS level?

Is it 99 or 999..?

Where can i have the supporting documents to clarify on this system limitations?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Eila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

It depens on the coding masks, if it is defined in 2 digits and it is numeric then you can go upto 99; for 3 digits you can go for 999 at the same level.

Hope your Q is A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaghag,

If were based on your info, the coding mask that you refer is the project definition coding mask or the WBS element coding mask.

Please help to clarify what will be the maximum WBS element for each level if the coding mask i've created is as follow;

MYCD.ADL09.EMLDI.A01

MYCD.ADL09 - LEVEL 1 / PROJECT DEFINITION

MYCD.ADL09.EMLDI - LEVEL 2

MYCD.ADL09.EMLDI.A01 - LEVEL 3

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks.

Eila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Whatever you created is correct,

MYCD.ADL09 - LEVEL 1 / PROJECT DEFINITION
MYCD.ADL09.EMLDI - LEVEL 2
MYCD.ADL09.EMLDI.A01 - LEVEL 3

Level you can create upto 999

WBS element you can create upto 24 char ( For example your level 3 WBS you have used 20 Char)

Thanks

S.Murali

0 Kudos

Hi Eila,

Look ...As per your coding..especially at level 3 .( it must be coded as X00) ...so A-series will go from A01 ...to...A99 ..(i.e. 99) and this will go for all Alphabetic series.....

Say, for each alphabetic series it will go to 99 in your case....

But..when it is coded as XXX then it will be the permutation and combination of A01...A99, AA1.....ZZ9, (which will be more than 999)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuzeila,

Refer to the Note: 206264

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is totally depand on the coding mask.for the Project Defination coding mask you can use 5 Digest max and for the WBS Element you can use 21 Digests including all Special characters

see the example

.XXXX.XXX.XX.XX.XX.XX

Thanks

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

as said, it depends on coding mask

have to check with the requirement and make your coding mask in such a way ..........u can make 99 or 999 at the same level.

and at the max, the coding mask can carry 24 characteristics......................

so, u have to optimize the characteristics and check the maximum level which the client requires and do the coding

Regards

Surya