cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM-APO-Forecasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where we want to keep the sales history for a customer but do not want statistical forecast for that customer.

Can any body please suggest if this is possible?

The forecast is carried out with slection id which is having materials only, and the aggregate level is material/Plant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nataraj,

Can you explain more in detail so that we can understand your requirement? Still i will give little bit answer as i have understood something from your questions.

In your first question you have written that you dont want run forecast engine & Keep sales history as it. I want to know whether you required Sales Hitory as a forecast or Not. If yes then you have choose one forecast model which comes under the Univariate & that is Original History. If you select that model & run the forecast engine then you will get the history as it is.

In your second question you mentioned you need run forecast engine at aggregated level & mentioned two char. i.e. Material/Plant. See, If you add those material & Plant in to the selection ID then you can run the forecast at aggregated level & can disaggregated at detailed level with help of Proportion Factors.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

Thanks for your answer.

I will make clear the requirement.

The requirement is simple that- for 1 customer we want to keep the sales history but we do not want to carry out the statistical forecast for this customer.

What I had mentioned later was how the forecasting is happening - It is with selection id having materials with aggreagate level as Material/plant.Does this mean the forecast is happening at material level?

My understanding was that since we are forecasting at material level so we can not block a particular customer. Is my understanding correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nataraj,

I have a question.

Wether you dont want forecast for all the materials of that customer?

If yes or no, then you create a selection by excluding that customer and then attach that selection in the job and run.

you will have the histoy and dont have forecast.

confirm.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijaya. Can you please help us? We know that there are times when our customers change their forecasts from one week to the next. When their forecasts decrease, we run the risk of having excess and obolete material, as well as excess inventory. When their forecasts increase, we most likely will incur premium freight charges. The problem is this: it is possible for us to manually record and track the forecasts from week to week for a handful of materials for a given customer. However, we would like to record the forecasts (export the data) for all materials with all of our customers so that when they change their forecasts, we know exactly how they have changed. We have SAP release 4.6. Is there a transaction that will enable us to download all of our customers' forecasts?