cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages in Webdynpro Java Over WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can you please let me know what are the advantages in webdynpro java over WD ABAP??

if anybody helps quickly then it would be great help to me

Thanks

Trisha Rani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at the following links:

/people/oliver.mayer/blog/2006/06/14/web-dynpro-abap-or-java

The main advantage with WD JAVA is the availability of resources and less expenditure in trainings.

Hope it guides you.

Regards.

Rajat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both WDA and WDJ are almost same in designing and programming.

In relation to the business packages SAP already provided allmost all of them in java and in the future all the Business packages also available in ABAP. It's all how you want to develop the application. In sap portal world some applciation which we can develop with ABAP Web Dynpro and some applications with JAVA Web Webdynpro as SAP Web AS available as dual stack.

If someone already has a strong ABAP background and has WD for ABAP available they should probably use that. If they are a J2EE developer they should probably use WD for Java but it is likely they will also then need some ABAP support for the backend systems.

I think more customers may be asking for WD for Java projects simply because it has been around longer and is more widely available to customers where as some cutomers prefer to develop their application using ABAP Web Dynpro because of SAP propritary. But ultimately it's again all our interest and customer.

Check this blog,

/people/oliver.mayer/blog/2006/06/14/web-dynpro-abap-or-java

http://www.sapfrontend.com/webdynpro-for-java-or-webdynpro-for-abap/

Hoe this helps you..

Regards,

Saleem