cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change Connection parameters when promoting to Production ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone !

Do you know how can I change Connection Framework parameters in a Webdynpro Application? The app was deployed in TEST, now I want to move it to Production...

In my application I am using Connection Framework to connecto to a BAPI.

The connection was created using

SAP Connectivity > SAP Enterprise Connector.

I provided connection parameters for a TEST environment (Host name, system number, client, logon name...).

I deployed the application in TEST, but how can I change these parameters prior to promote it to Production? Were and how do I fill the new parameter values?

Many Thanks,

Silvio Hirashiki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvio,

AFAIK, you need to provide JCO connection to proxy port type and all connection specific data is there. (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ed/897483ea5011d6b2e800508b6b8a93/frameset.htm). You can use configuration files for this or RFC destination.

You only need to regenerate proxy when interfaces of functional modules are dufferent for TEST and Production.

BTW, why are you using SAP EC instead of adaptive RFC model in WD application?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

Thanks for the information!

I am not using JCo for this. I am using the Connection Framework ( because the customer needs this). If you know where I can configure the Connection for Connection Framework, please let me know.

I read that the configuration is stored in System Landscape (now I need to find the screen)

Many Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvio,

Just check on to this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/88/66a1eef3324405883a1e3b3f170617/frameset.htm">Connection FrameWork configuration</a>.

This might be helpful to you.

Regards,

Nagarajan.