cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order coming from ext application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a scenario where a purchase order doc is coming into XI and is being sent to SAP.

Do i use IDOC/RFC or proxy?....can u help me with the best option?..

Also , the installation is underway..I have gone thru a few guides on sdn but have got more confused than before.

What is the exact procedure I as a developer need to carry out?...

how do i set up the SWC, SWCV ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx gentlemen,

I will try to use the PO Idoc, so from the XI perspective onc ei send it to ECC the part is done right?..ABAP er will take care of the business scenarios requirements?...

Also, after installation is there any component other than SAP BASIS that is installed?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I will try to use the PO Idoc, so from the XI perspective onc ei send it to ECC the part is done right?..ABAP er will take care of the business scenarios requirements?...

if you're only responsible for the XI part then yes

>>>Also, after installation is there any component other than SAP BASIS that is installed?

you need to have a full XI/PI installation - but let's say like this : nothing else is necessary except

what is specified in the XI installation/configuration guides

Regards,

Michal KRawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Michal,

So by default only SAP BASIS is installed...

lemme check out on sdn for receiver IDOC ..to send data from XI to SAP

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

configuring the SWC/SWCV should be the work of the Admin/Basis....but if you are assigned with it then you can take some help from the below WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAP%20R3%20%28Idocs%29%20To%20XI%20--%20Steps%20Summarized

The above WIKI mentions the steps to be carried to receive IDOC from SAP in XI.....may be you can follow these (since you are receiving PO IDOC.....so you can go for a IDOC communication)....

Even this thread has steps relevant to your req:

Regards,

Abhishek.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Do i use IDOC/RFC or proxy?....can u help me with the best option?..

I'd use a standard IDOC PORDCR101 - this is for creation of a purchase order

if you want to create a sales order (from a arriving purchase order) you can use ORDERS05

for other developmenr related activities check out blogs on sdn for IDOC scenarios

they described everything step by step

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk