Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scatt tool scripting error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

experts,

I am new to this scatt tool concept, like i have an issue where in i need to transfer the data from non sap to sap thorugh ecat tool, when itry to do recording it shows an error stating that, SCRIPTING IS NOT ALLOWED IN CURRENT ECATT SYSTEM OR ON CURRENT USER. COULD U PLEASE SEND ANY ONE OF YOU THE NECESSARY SOLUTION .

THANKS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In transaction RZ11, check the Scripting parameter setting and set it to TRUE.

Also Check SCC4 setting for ECATTS.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

HERE IS THE ISSUE, WHEN I TRY TO DO RECORDING , IT SHOWS AN ERROR STATING THAT DIDNOT SPECIFY SYTEM DATA CONTAINER. ANY HELP ON THIS WILL BE HIGHLY APPREACIATED.

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

See we use system data container when we are recording the data from other system, iIf you're running the script on the same system, you don't need to create a "target system" and "system data container". You can just leave the field empty and it will run in the same system.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RAJA,

IN THIRD STEP Write proper comments and place the cursor in the next line and click the button as shown in the below screen, IN CHANGE SCRIPT SALES ORDER_TS_1, I HAVE ENTERED NECESSARY TEXT CREATE ORDER NAD SELCTED PATTERN IT DISPLAYS IT DISPLAYS AN INSERT STATAMENT WHER I HAVE SELECTED SAP GUI COMMAND AND TRY TO RUN RECORDING . IT DISPLAYS SCRITPING IS NOT ALLOWED IN CURRENT ECATT SYTEM OR ON CURRENT SERVER.

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

THANKS

AHMED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

In the insert command statement you have to enter

Command : TCD(Record)

Transaction : Whatever you want to give

Interface :

SAPGUI where you are entering i am not getting....

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

RAJA,

ACTUALLY I AM TRYING TO RECORD THE TRANSACTION BY INSERTING IN TO SAP GUI COMMAND ,DO U HAVE ANY IDEA LIKE IT MIGHT BE ANOTHER CONCEPT OF DOING DATA TRANSFER. IF U HAVE ANY OTHER SIMPLE OPTION OF MIGRATING DATA, SEND ME THE PROCESS STEP BY STEP.

WATING FOR YOUR REPLY.

THANKS

REGARDS

AHMED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

there are many options like LSMW, BDC , eCATT. But i felt eCATT as easiest one, you can do this by LSMW it is also easy, but you have to take help of ABAPer for this. Have a search in SCN and you will get a handful amount of material.

But if you are migrating a large amount of data ask some BASIS guy they will help you with good process this is just a personal suggestion.

Other experts can give their views.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I guess you are missing something in recording the script... here i am enclosing some of eCATT links for Step by Step understanding

http://www.sapdev.co.uk/testing/ecatt.htm

http://sapdocs.info/sap/abap/ecatt-guides/

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/e81c3b84e65e7be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,

Raja