Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I execute a report in background mode. The report print in a list with statement write some data.

I can't get to show this data inmediately in spool.

The report needs ten hours to end more or less.

I attached statements message of type sucess to show the steps of the report to show in the job ,but also get show the data .

Somebody knows the reasons for write the data at the end of the report.

Thanks for all

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever any job starts in background and it has spool associated with it then an empty spool is created and the data is appended into it. This spool is closed only when the job completes and is only available to view not before. So if ur job is taking ten hours it will probably not show till then. If ur spool gets ready immediately and is not dependent upon the rest of program then u can break it into two programs and execute the second half in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorge,

You can close the spool request by using NEW-PAGE PRINT ON and NEW-PAGE PRINT OFF commands. For example if you want to see report by 100 pages each then you can code accordingly to open a new spool when page count reaches 100 and close the previous one. In this way you create multiple spools with 100 pages each and you can see before job is finished. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sanjeev.