Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to delete roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I m unable to delete roles from CRM client.

The error is given below.

Diagnosis

The role could not be deleted for one of the following reasons:

The system is a child system in active central user administration with global role assignments (transaction SCUM).

Users are assigned to the role.

Thanks

Ratan

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Diagnosis

> The role could not be deleted for one of the following reasons:

>

> The system is a child system in active central user administration with global role assignments (transaction SCUM).

> Users are assigned to the role.

Which (obviously) means you have to go to your CUA master and delete the user assignments for these role/system combinations and do a user compare on the child system for these roles. After that you should be able to delete them.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Thanks a lot It solved the issue.

Regards,

Ratan.

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Please note that you are using CUA and the users are assigned the role (that you want to delete) in thwe Central system. First delete the users that are assigned to this role from the Central system. Then you will be allowed to delete the role. Please check and let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

in addition to Jurjens comment.....

Do you use a CUA (central user administration landscape) at all?

Maybe somebody simply tsted a setup of a CUA and forgot to delete it afterwards?

If you want to delete a CUA, you can do this by executing SCUA, which calls the report RSDELCUA. I heard of some cases, when a CUA was active after installation of the system already, without anybody set up such a CUA. Then simply running report RSDELCUA solved the issue.

So first make sure, if a CUA shall be active or not before deleting it.

b.rgds,

Bernhard