cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with runtime->portal_version value in EP 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have some trouble with the value capture in the attribute runtime->portal_version in a BSP application within EP 6.40. I have to compare this value and if the app is running in the portal the app do something and if the app is running standalone do something else. The problem is that when i try to compare this value always show me in the debugging that runtime->portal_version is 0.0 (standalone) no matter where the app is running. I read in a forum thread that the values are 6.40 (running in the portal) and 0.0 (running outside the portal..standalone). Another thing the comparison is implemented in a frame not a page. Any idea that could help me to solve this problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i tested it on a WAS6.40 (where BSP is running) and runtime->portal_version shows 6.4 when run as iview in portal

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it must capture that value ...i forgot to tell that the bsp app is in a BW server. May this give me that problem???

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

coincidence -> my test results were also from BSP application running in BW server. (that shouldnt be the problem.)

is the supports portal integration flag is checked in the bsp application attributes page.

Regards

Raja

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my test were on EP 6 SP11

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the problem is that maybe something is blocking and the value doesnt show like it supose to be because it continue to capture 0.0 no matter where is running the app. May be the iview have to has some parameters or something else check????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change your iview session properties and verify the version again.